French Passion

Knaus

I have looked on the French Passion website and there is a map of France with red, green and blue dots. Which of these are French Passion stopovers? Are they all, just some vineyards, some farms, etc.

I am thinking of using French Passion this year and would like to know which regions are best served.

Thanks for any info.

Knaus - 2009-01-15 4:28 PM

I have looked on the French Passion website and there is a map of France with red, green and blue dots. Which of these are French Passion stopovers? Are they all, just some vineyards, some farms, etc.

I am thinking of using French Passion this year and would like to know which regions are best served.

Thanks for any info.

I haven't got my handbook at home but I have looked at the map and I believe that they are all stopovers. I think they are grouped into the French departments, probably to make it easier to find them in the handbook. There are generally more in the wine producing areas but they will be mixed in with food producers. Not too many, as you can see, in the northern or central areas. We enjoyed using them and I may renew my membership this year although I haven't used them for a few years now.

PS I have just looked at the website again and the prices don't seem very clear. Membership used to be for life and you just had to buy a new handbook each year. It used to be cheaper if you bought before a certain date so as I read it to renew will cost 28€.

Hi Knaus

We've used France Passion on a number of occasions and we find them ideal, even though you can only stay one night (I don't think the French adhere strictly to this rule!). Most of the ones we've stayed on are vinyards or farms but some have been olive producing units. They differ from Aires insomuch that most of them are out in the country so would not be ideal, in my opinion, if you have a young family who want a little excitement. The different coloured dots are for the regions, as shown in the key on the maps and which gives the page number for that region. Hope this is helpful.

Alan

Archived