May have a month in April

Poppy

Guest JudgeMental
chas - 2009-01-17 10:57 AM

The holiday would be far cheaper ! :D

For poppy's partner yes that's for sure!:-D

A month in April...you lucky things

if concerned about weather, I would say southern Spain and across to North Africa. any where else the weather will be less reliable? But if not worried south of France around to Italy could be OK......we may be going to Antibes at Easter and Temp can be around 18-20 deg in April

Guest JudgeMental
Patricia - 2009-01-17 3:58 PM

Went near to that area about 4 years ago in April and it was really cold. Stayed about 3 weeks but the weather didn't improve and in fact to get there we travelled through snow. Probably just your luck and mine is not good really weather wise!

For the sake of clarity......are you talking about south of France?

JudgeMental - 2009-01-17 4:18 PM

Patricia - 2009-01-17 3:58 PM

Went near to that area about 4 years ago in April and it was really cold. Stayed about 3 weeks but the weather didn't improve and in fact to get there we travelled through snow. Probably just your luck and mine is not good really weather wise!

For the sake of clarity......are you talking about south of France?

Yes, sorry! We stayed on a Castel site near Saint-Raphael and then went to Gorges du Verdon. Lovely holiday but very cold so no swimming. Snow another year on the Cote d'Azur, motorways closed and travellers sheltered in local schools.

Another year we went to Las Palmeras site just over the border in Spain near Sant Pescador in late March and the pool was open! Also been there another year at the same time and terrible storms, ships wrecked on the beach, terrible floods and awning smashed! It is really a matter of luck I think.

I love it down there in the spring though and would certainly go again - just pointing out that the weather can be unpredictable.

Patricia - 2009-01-17 4:28 PM

Yes, sorry! We stayed on a Castel site near Saint-Raphael

Or if you're feeling mean (or just want to spend your holiday money in other ways!) you can stay free for a couple of nights by the marina at St Raphael - we did that on our way back from Italy in '03.

Archived