Rear Bumper.

Guest Tracker

Rich,

Thanks for the picture and the link, I know where they are, I see their factory every time I come home on the A40. I will be giving them a call.

I think the 'chequer-plate' finishes it off nicely and I will be playing 'Copycat'. I will be getting a towball and electrics as well though.

Thanks for the info in the PM's much appreciated.

Now, where to store the chairs ! (ain't it fun planning what to do with a 'new' Van !!) Regards Ray

I think it looks a nice, neat good job. Personally I wouldn,t have any concerns regarding the above comments re different metals. Neither would I have concerns about it damaging the chassis in the event of a minor shunt. I am sure it will give some protection to the much weaker body panels. In any event how many people have a purpose built tow bar mounted in exactly the same way. I have not heard any comments about them causing concern regarding chassis damage. I have had aluminium checker plate fixed direct to steel treads of a fire escape (not on the motorhome). Been there years now and no sign of any corrosion other than the normal exposed steel in a salty seaside atmosphere.

Dave

Guest Tracker
Rayjsj - 2010-08-19 11:09 AM

Now, where to store the chairs ! (ain't it fun planning what to do with a 'new' Van !!) Regards Ray

We have two folding chairs that all four legs fold inwards and collapse into an almost tubular form about 6" or so across and I created a storage box between the loo and the back panel into which they both fit - just - with very little impact on floor space in the loo.

Not everyone's ideal I expect but it works for us and means we can store the Duvalays in the larger n/side under bed locker and the rest of the clutter and fishing gear in the o/side underbed.

With pillows etc in the not very deep overcab locker we just about have enough space - although I am considering a back box for our next long distance foray - but that's another can of worms!

Guest Tracker

Hi Jon.

The reversing sensors nearly drove me madder than I already am with their oversensitive and overloud bleeping that still failed to spot very thin and low obstacles so I took em off and chucked em in a box in the loft ready for a car boot sale disposal one day!

They are programmable to be taught to allow for fixed things like bumpers and towbars - or so the book says - but why bother when..................?

............... the van also came with a reversing camera which works better and is blissfully silent whilst I reverse!

Archived