led bulbs

bolero680fb

Guest Tracker

This has been discussed before - try a search using 'l e d' in Motorhome Matters over the last twelve months.

Unless you use lots of lights for long periods and unless you camp for several days at a time with no hook up and no driving and unless you only have one leisure battery I have to wonder whether the cost to benefit ratio would be favourable enough to justify the expense?

But that's your choice and good luck if you go for it!

bolero680fb - 2009-01-18 6:13 PM

we are thinking of changing our bulbs in our motorhome to the led type has anyone got any views on this please. I know that they are energy saving so helpfull when wildcamping but i don't want them to be too bright when chilling out of an evening many thanx

Hi depending on which bulbs you want to replace you can get white light and they are quite bright or you can get soft white these are more cream but idle for reading but as Tracker has said above do a search and youwill find a lot more about them

Terry

Changed ours this week!!!!!

10 so far, 2 more to do. (forgot the extractor) We were using 1amp per light , now with all the lights on incl 2 spots supplied with leds so 12 in total.!!!! Consumption is down to less than 1AMP !!!!!

6 of the leds are white and 4 are soft white, these are in the b'room. My opinion, Why did i take so long to do it. I will probably will use more lights for the brightness to be the same, but with such low consumption its no problem. I'd give them 10/10..

By the way i purchased them from Cak. Its rare for us to use sites, 1 last year, all the rest on aires and shows, so saving power is of great importance. In answer to the question of being to bright. No specially when you can purchase white and soft white strategically placed leds you can mood your lighting to suit.

Changed all ours to reduce the current consumption and they work a treat. Power is between 10 - 15% of what it used to be with the original 10-watt bulbs.

Got ours from eBay, but there are many providers out there now and a quick Google will give you lots to look at. Try the following for some UK addresses:

http://www.ledbulbs4u.co.uk/

http://www.bedazzled.uk.com/12v_LED_Bulb_Replacement.htm

B&Q are selling stick on ones @ 3 for £6 including batteries. That way you get the best of both worlds. Led's for no hookup and halogens with hook up.

We replaced ours with warm white from atenlighting.co.uk.

The light is at least as good, or possibly better than original,

we replaced our large swivel spots over a year ago with the cold white

not so good, very good people to deal with, very helpfull on the phone.

cheers

Archived