ACSI

hymer1942

One advantage over, say, other discount schemes like Camping Cheques is that apart from the investment in the Card and directory (about £10) you only pay when you use it rather than having to invest before you go. Also in some countries like Germany it has many more sites available than say Camping Cheques.

David

Klyne - 2009-01-19 9:34 AM

One advantage over, say, other discount schemes like Camping Cheques is that apart from the investment in the Card and directory (about £10) you only pay when you use it rather than having to invest before you go. Also in some countries like Germany it has many more sites available than say Camping Cheques.

David

Hi David

The ACSI guide £10.50 from http://www.vicariousbooks.co.uk./acsi.htm#card one big bonus this years is the GPS co ords for each site. :-D

Don

Hi Don

Hope the neck is on the mend? I always download my campsite POI's from here http://www.archiescampings.eu/eng1/ The site is run by a Dutch guy called Archie in conjunction with Leo who is from Belgium. They reckon to have most of the ACSI and Camping Cheques campsites plus many more. Its much better now that you can get the ACSI book from Vicarious rather than doing it via the Dutch site which you had to do a few years ago.

David

Very useful for travelling around Europe, but theres only 3 sites in the UK for 2009, so not really worth it unless you can get further afield.

The book also comes with a large map which aids your route to another site if you want to keep within a certain price range.

We certianly found it worth our while and we only got the 2008 one in October last year, but the savings we made more than covered the price of the book.

Most sites we visited would have been over 30 euros for what the ACSI card gives you. The only thing I would say is to keep an eye on the fact that the sites have varied ACSI rate dates - which are listed in the book under each site information section, so long as you are within the dates then you get the cheap price, out of that you pay full price.

We used the Asci card for our first trip abroad last year. Saved the initial outlay of cost in the first couple of nights. Lots of top quality sites so you're not scrimping on the quality. It's just a way of getting customers to stay on sites out of the main holiday months. Some sites even accepted it and didn't want the CCI.

A ggod buy well recommended.

So have I got this right - it only really comes into its own if you travel out of the high season?

We're planning a 5-week trip around central Europe, so I wondered about the ACSI system for the countries which don't "do" Aires/Stellplatze, but we're going in Jul/Aug.

I'm probably better just downloading lots of campsite POIs then.

Tony

Hi Tony -

Kathy's just had a quick ferret through our 2009 ACSI campsite guide for you.

We think none of the 1,800 plus sites in there across Europe don't do the ACSI rate discount price in the "prime" months of July and August (of course!!)

But it might still be worth considering getting the ACSI card and campsite guide.....it's only about ten quid, lasts for a calendar year, and there are 3 or 4 UK sites listed that accept the ACSI card.

I guess if you only stayed at one of them, for only one night this year, you'd get your money back......

Tony Jones - 2009-01-21 10:40 AM

So have I got this right - it only really comes into its own if you travel out of the high season?

We're planning a 5-week trip around central Europe, so I wondered about the ACSI system for the countries which don't "do" Aires/Stellplatze, but we're going in Jul/Aug.

I'm probably better just downloading lots of campsite POIs then.

Tony

Here's the website, you can search (by map is easiest) then check individual sites to see the dates they do the discounts.

However, July and first three weeks of August are usually exempt.

http://www.campingcard.co.uk/gb/en/europe/

There are some sites that give a discount in July and August, it just depends on which country/region you are going to.

We've used ACSI and have found it to be a great way to kee the cost down when using campsites but also don't forget about the municipal sites as well, these can be of a comparable, or slightlycheaper, cost even taking into account the ACSI discount but there are not as many. For the cost of the ACSI book, even using just one campsite where you get the discount can pay you back straight away. We were on one site where the chap in front was paying 27 euros, we only paid 14 with the ACSI card and don't forget you get a minimum of basic electric and at least one pet included in the cost although we've never had to stump up for additional pets yet.

Archived