Replacement carpets

dobscott

Some time ago there was discussion on the forum about a company who were able to make / supply replacement carpets for motorhomes. I have tried to search for the details without success. If anyone can provide details of a company that provides this service, preferably in the north of the country I would be very grateful.

Geoff

• 8 months later...

Hi. I have had two sets of carpets made for my Hobby very successfully. I took the originals in and they cut the new carpets to shape and edged them with a whipping (like you see in a carpet shop of samples)

The shop I used is in Cinderford (19 Market street, opposite HSBC) in the Forest of Dean, where there are quite a few camp sites. The shop is called ABFAB FLOORING, (Web site www.abfab-flooring.co.uk) tel number 01594827272.

The shop is in the middle of town, parking can be done in the Co-op car park just off the high street.

(If you are lucky, end of rolls may be available. My last set which included the cab carpet cost just over £100, but this was an end of roll.

We bought some carpet from a domestic carpet warehouse /shop, for our Hymer, cut the carpet ourselves, but different to the way the originals were cut as we wanted easier access to the underfloor hatches,and took the new pieces to a local carpet fitting binding service who bound our carpet for forty five pounds , the whole job cost us about £110 and they look great. *-) *-)

Mulgrave CarpetsCarpets & Rugs - Retail & Repair

Tel: 01429 864974| 134, Lynn St South, Hartlepool, Cleveland TS24 7LX

Took the van to mulgrave picked the carpet within 1 hour cut , binded, & fitted 4 pieces & 4 runners all bound £50 absolute bargain.

Always shop local

Archived