Sites in Belgium

Caroline

We almost always stay in Ypres (Iper) at the Camping Jeugdstadion, shown on page 171 of the 2009 edition of the CC's Camping Europe Vol2.

This site is within 10 minutes walk of the Menen Gate where the Last Post is sounded every night at 20:00.

Brugge is well worth a 2 or 3 night stop with lots of good walking and things to see in the city. Camping Memling is 20 minutes' walk of the Centre and there is an aire about 10 minutes' walk of the Centre. If you go for Memling, you should book in advance as it is very popular generally so I expect August will be very busy. The site has good basic and clean facilities, helpful, English-speaking staff and WiFi access. The office has a very useful free, combined leaflet and map of Brugge by "day" and by "night".

There are a number of supermarkets and a sports centre very close to Memling and frequent bus services if you are too worn out to walk back - or worse for wear after sampling the circa 300 different beers claimed to be available in the City.

A search for "Brugge" and or "Memling" on this forum should bring up lots of info.

I found the city of Ghent rather run down in comparison to Brugge but that's only my personal opnion.

Bob

Archived