Efteling - Netherlands

Caroline

Hi

We went to the Efteling many years ago when the children were young when we had a caravan and stayed at a lovely site at Kaatsheuvel , not far away, however there is plenty of parking at the Park I'm not sure whether you would be allowed to camp overnight there, when we worked in Amsterdam 25 years ago and free-camped in our camper van on the canals we had to keep moving every night as they didn't like it!

Going back to the Efteling - it is (or was when we last went about 16 years ago) a lovely day out - nothing like Disney but lovely in its own way, apparently it was the original Park that Walt Disney based his famous parks on! The year we went they were celebrating their 40th anniversary.

If you are doing Holland another place which is good for kids is Duinrell - on the coast near Wassenaar in between Amsterdam and Den Hague, it has the longest water flues in Europe and a small attraction park which is free for those staying on the campsite, also has good restaurants and not expensive supermarket, near the beach and a short walk to train to either city. Hope some of this is useful to you - enjoy your holiday

Sorry to bore you! But as i did not get a reply to this for a while i thought i woud generalise my question. I was looking for small non comercial sites that might be hidden and recommended through personal experience not just looking in a book if i wanted to do that i would not have bothered the forum at all and used carefree to book a bog standard holiday.

Before when I have asked various questions in one thread i have been told to be more specific in my threads to get the answer required.

Archived