7" TFT again

Norma

Some months ago there was a posting regarding good prices of 7 inch monitors from 2 companies - TGincar and easyvision. I didn't take my own advice and buy the monitor from Maplins, missing their deal and ordered one from TGIncar over the internet. Has anyone purchased anything from TG? I've tried phoning repeatedly and sent e-mails and had no reply. Only an automated reply saying they will take my money when they despatch the set! So far nothing has been removed from my account. By Monday I will take further action in cancelling the order etc. Just wondered if anyone has come across them - I only went there as this site recommended them. (I am aware of buyer beware, before you crow)

Norma I've no information on the company (I've never heard of it!) but quite a few internet "companies" do NOT operate anything like conventional "high street" companies. It is not unusual for them to be run by one person, or a couple, and that the person actually has a regular full-time job. This would indicate that there is no-one manning any phones as telephone contact is not a chosen, or used medium. Orders are taken direct from the internet and goods are packaged and dispatched in the person's "free" time. This is not meant to guarantee the arrival of your particular purchase, merely to advise you of what MAY be happening. Regards Neal

I ain't that convinced. The address covers two units in an industrial estate, there are two phone numbers and no answer phone. And the two e-mails I have sent have not been replied to - one well before Christmas. I'm only grateful they haven't taken the money!

They're probably out of stock and their suppliers are too. LCDs sold exceptionally well in the run-up to Christmas and the ships from the Far East take 4 weeks to replenish stocks. Personally, I would not buy from an unknoiwn company via the Internet. See also my post on LCD TVs.

Presumably you paid by credit card Contact the card people - the supplier has 28 days to supply the goods under their retailer agreement - they can expand this if they are out of stock AND infrom you AND give you the opportunity to have you rmoney refunded We recently ordered some PC games from (Yahoo Games)he games would not open & the firm would not reply My credit card people made a refund claim from them and repaid my account The firm then started to communicate (too late I had the money back) and claimed that they were unable to get paid The refund bit took1 week from complaining to being paid back

Guest Dave Newell
Norma Ihave dealt with TG as a trade customer and found them very difficult to contact with both phone numbers either being continually engaged or not answered. When I did manage to contact them they dispatched my orders promptly. however when I had a problem with a product from them they were very evasive and difficult. I gave in and repaired the unit myself but will not deal with them again as I found their after sales service was disgraceful. dave@davenewell.co.uk

Thank you David. You have confirmed my fears/thoughts. My intention is to give them to Monday (as it is now Friday) and contact the credit card company to cancel the order. I will then spend a third more and buy the 8inch with freeview from Maplins. At least I will have an after service. My first bad internet experience.

Norma, it may not have affected you, but the insolvency of Time/Tiny last year left lots of internet customers with broken LCD and Plasma Tvs and duff maintenance agreements and warranties. I'm not sure that the mess has yet been sorted out.

Archived