CL's in Ireland

crob

I am having difficulty in finding any CL's (certified/certificated locations) in Ireland. The various camping books only show the usual big (and very expensive!) campsites. I have tried the Irish Tourist Board but I don't think they understood what I was talking about - after all, I am English!!

Does anyone know of any CL's and what publication or web site I might find these?

Thank you.

Colin Robinson.

We toured Southern Ireland 2 years ago, for the size of the country there are not that many commercial sites (and most of those have loads of Static's) and were expensive, we never found any CL's or anything like them,maybe their laws are differant regarding temporary caravanning,and forbid it ? I know that it was difficult finding anywhere just to park up for a rest when driving, there are height barriers everywhere.

A beautiful country especially the west, but NOT a place 'geared up' for Touring (in my experience), until attitudes change and the place is a bit more welcoming, we won't be going back. (unfortunately Britain seems to be going the same way !!) I get really embarrassed seeing Dutch and French Motorhomers looking for a place to park in our 'Friendly Seaside Resorts' NOT. Moan Over.....now where are we going this year? :D :D

Archived