Maxview 12v tuner

sooty10

Anyone able to comment on the maxview 12v sat receiver. How sensitive is the tuner and do they work on the edge of the footprint. ie. north of Spain or even further south. I already have a maxview dish but at the moment am using a sky Panasonic receiver.

The only reason for a change is that I would not be reliant on my inverter.

Sooty 10

sooty10 - 2009-01-24 12:06 AM

Anyone able to comment on the maxview 12v sat receiver. How sensitive is the tuner and do they work on the edge of the footprint. ie. north of Spain or even further south. I already have a maxview dish but at the moment am using a sky Panasonic receiver.

The only reason for a change is that I would not be reliant on my inverter.

Sooty 10

Excellent receiver. In fact it's a Silvercrest and the same receiver is usually available much cheaper in stores like Lidl/Aldi.

In fact, when I bought my Lidl suitcase kit, it was cheaper than the same receiver on it's own from Maxview!!

I use it with my Maxview Crankup and is excellent for setting the dish up. It has a very good in-built sat finder, both audio and visual.

When I have got a signal, I usually change over to my Sky HD box.

I agree with Derek that it's a good piece of kit. Available under a different name.

I think the one difference is that with the Maxview version it comes with an infra-red eye which can be placed outside of a cupboard whilst the box itself remains out of sight. Controls are then available via the remote without opening storage cupboard.

Archived