What to do on a wet Sunday afternoon

libby

I've always had a problem turning the water filler cap, so I made a lever. (The yellow item).

Another has been how to get at the battery filler plugs, the battery is right up against the body superstructure and is impossible to access with a screwdriver, so I made another lever. (The red item)

There's no copyright. Help yourseves for free.

PS I'm not taking orders but will supply details and sizes.

Bill

IMG_1579.JPG.d4ebf9b7fdc34654ecb698349e070806.JPG

IMG_1578.JPG.c80edc3a08b3fd169d8e48c87af81eb8.JPG

libby - 2009-01-25 4:44 PM I've always had a problem turning the water filler cap, so I made a lever. (The yellow item). Another has been how to get at the battery filler plugs, the battery is right up against the body superstructure and is impossible to access with a screwdriver, so I made another lever. (The red item) There's no copyright. Help yourseves for free. PS I'm not taking orders but will supply details and sizes. Bill

Re the red bit: could it bridge the positive battery post to any metalwork?  If it slipped?  Just a thought.  Insulation?  Very neat though.

The problem with getting at the filler caps is really difficult, the leisure batterie is no problem the vehicle one has hardly no space above it.

Derek. To reach the caps at the back I have to stretch my arm and body sideways with my head against the front bodywork. If I use a coin it either falls over or I cannot juggle my hand to reposition it, whereas the 4 shapes allow it to balance evenly while I have another grab at it, to see inside each cell I have to use a dentist type angled mirror and a torch.

Brian. The battery is a big one and the terminals well clear. I may cover the handle part with plastic tape, thanks.

I think you may have confused me with Derek Uzzel Bill. My name's Dave but thanks for the PM anyway ;-) . Some engine batteries can be areal swine to get at, especially Fiat/Peugeot with an A class body on them, I've seen several of the breed that I think it would be impossible to replace the battery without major work as the bonnet aperture is smaller than the height of the battery, real quality design work eh?

D.

With regard to the yellow takerofferer tool Bill, as someone wots done a bit of spraying, I reckon you've just 'dusted' a bit of yellow paint over it.

Therefore, I award 10/10 for the design and workmanship, but can only stretch to 3/10 for the paintwork. 

I can only assume that after the design and fabrication, you lost 'momentum' when it came to the paintwork.

PS Can I still come and look at your T5 if I need to ?

Archived