Engine Broken After 12500 miles - FIXED!!

Ned Swift

Hi

You may recall my recent post on this topic of my low mileage 2.8 Fiat engine (but 8 years old) having a major problem when a valve guide snapped off and passed through two cylinders.

I was facing a £1500 repair bill, not something easily swallowed after only four months of ownership.

Well, after speaking to the dealership they have offered to pay the FULL REPAIR COST FOR ME and my local garage has just ordered the parts.

Isn't it wonderful to still find excellent customer service and truly decent dealers out there.

Chuffed Ned (much better than the sad kind) :-) :-) :-) :-)

PS. The original posting was removed at my request due to there being some inaccuracies in the original post.

It's seemingly not covered by the extended warranty which only covered £1000 of claim anyway.

It appears that they have chosen to do this because they too are disappointed that this has happened to an otherwise wonderful M/H and presumably put customer satisfaction high up on their priority list.

I guess that's why they (Tyne Valley) have been in business nearly 40 years.

Incidentally, whilst waiting in their showroom I spoke to one customer who was on his seventh van from them!!

Would I buy another van there? You bet. (just not yet hopefully as I want to have more fun in this one first!!!!)

Ned :-) :-) :-) :-) :-D :-D

PLUS THEY HAVE EVEN LET MY LOCAL GARAGE FIX IT FOR ME AS THAT SUITS ME BETTER.

Archived