Dover Calais

Brian Kirby

Guest Brian Kirby
Thought some of you might be interested in the following, received today from Seafrance. "We're delighted to re-introduce the SeaFrance Carnet - our very special deal for frequent travellers. The Carnet entitles you to five return crossings, great flexibility on sailing times and free amendments. You don't even have to pre-book - just turn up at the port and you'll be guaranteed a crossing within the next two departures. There's no registration fee and you'll pay just £40 each way2 for a car and up to 9 passengers. You can even allocate one of your sailings to friends and family! Call 0870 460 3721 to book now!" I know it says "...car and up to 9...", but I followed up on a similar offer last year and got our motorhome across the ditch (and back) for £50, so this offer also may be good for motorhomes. Good luck! Brian

Not a bad offer but not the best either, £80 return isn't the cheapest, you can get it cheaper with SeaFrance themselves so long as you know when you are definitely going, if not then I suppose paying a bit more for the flexibility may be a good thing but note the 'within the next 2 departures' bit - this could mean quite a few hours hanging around for nothing. Questions I would imagine people will want to know answers to: 1) Do you have to already be a SeaFrance customer to get the deal? 2) Is there a date by which you must use the the 5 crossings?

Booked my ferry with seafrance on line and it only cost £60 return for motorhome + 9 passengers for august, 15.15 saturday outbound, 10.00 saturday return, cheapest ive seen.regards, ken.

Guest peter goddard
I have just tried to book for March and Seafrance is quoting £85 return, which I don't think a very competitive price compared to Norfolk Line at £58 return, and yes I do know that it takes a bit longer for the crossing.

Archived