Aree de Sosta in Milan

derek500

I was trying to answer a posting on MHF, but I've run out of my five free postings. I refuse to pay to post on a forum!!

Perhaps someone here who is member, could either cut and paste my reply or direct the OP to this 'free' forum?

Thanks.

We stayed there in October, it's basically a motorhome storage facility, but secure and with facilities. Very friendly owners.

There is a bus stop very close and you can get a bus and tram to the city centre in about 30 minutes.

You have to pre purchase the bus tickets from newsagents/kiosks before travelling. About 1€ for 60 minutes, so more than enough to get in or out of the city. As we didn't know this, we went to Milan without paying, but bought tickets for our return!!

It's on the left hand side as you are travelling south from Milan, after the hospital, just before the petrol station.

Guest JudgeMental
derek500 - 2009-01-27 4:10 PM

I was trying to answer a posting on MHF, but I've run out of my five free postings. I refuse to pay to post on a forum!!

Perhaps someone here who is member, could either cut and paste my reply or direct the OP to this 'free' forum?

Thanks.

You are far to kind & considerate lol

if they cant find the way over here to a FREE resonably lightly moderated forum...they are unlikely to find there way to Milan :-D

JudgeMental - 2009-01-27 4:45 PM

if they cant find the way over here to a FREE resonably lightly moderated forum...they are unlikely to find there way to Milan :-D

Unless things have changed lately, you can only access the MMM forum by buying a copy of the current magazine or being a subscriber to the magazine. Perhaps someone can confirm if this is still the case.

I registered without buying any magazine, so you can register & read most sections without paid subscription.

I considered registering, but don't see what I receive for my 10 GBP - maybe if I lived over there some of the discounts might be worth it (?).

Funny thing, though, i'm conserving my 5 free posts in case I need them.

The net effect is that I don't post over there - and there have been several times where my particular experience in shipping or in North American RVing & RVs would have been very useful to certain threads in their forum.

I spend most of my time here anyway. Often I'll see if a post over there is duplicated here, where I will answer it.

The way I see it, their fee is a barrier to the free exchange of information that is the real contribution of members in a forum>

YMMV

Guest JudgeMental
JeffersonCampervan - 2009-01-27 9:2

The way I see it, their fee is a barrier to the free exchange of information that is the real contribution of members in a forum>

YMMV

And that's the very reason most of us members with half a brain left when, what was a free resource built up by us all was essentially privatised and we were expected to pay for the privilage *-)

BrianR - 2009-01-27 9:17 PM

Unless things have changed lately, you can only access the MMM forum by buying a copy of the current magazine or being a subscriber to the magazine. Perhaps someone can confirm if this is still the case.

There is no restriction on anyone joining this Forum whether they buy a mgazine or not.

Guest JudgeMental
Randonneur - 2009-01-28 9:13 AM

BrianR - 2009-01-27 9:17 PM

There is no restriction on anyone joining this Forum whether they buy a mgazine or not.

Martin & Sylvia nice to see that you have survived the storms! :-D

Archived