home builds

trikershaun

Shaun, its just £15 to join the SBMCC and there is a wealth of knowledge available from its members, I consider it good value which is why I joined. you also get to put your photos into an album so that others can see what you've done and how as well as being able to browse through others photos for ideas.

Your website looks interesting but there appears to be a dead link or two, such as your forum page. It would also help viewers if you could manage a bit of punctuation and a spill chucker.

I seem to recall looking at your website through a link you put on here about a year or so ago and it doesn't appear to have progressed very far.

Sorry if that sounds critical but hopefully you'll take it as intended, as constructive criticism.

What's the latest on your conversion?

D.

HI Trika

I guess it was you asking about Caravan Club sites. And you were into Trike Bikes too. I reckon a pot of paint wouldn't go amiss here. Got to make it look a bit presentable.

Did you ask the CC Club about stopping on their sites?

Bill

well the forum is closed as no users, as for spelling, that's not go down that read again as this web site hammered me for that when i first came here. i did say that i would not come back  but here i am again.

as for the project. well that has come on in leaps and bounds.

i have not updated the project page that's all. iv forgot the pass codes to get in lol.

as for the other web site well far play to them but my other web site that is going strong is free and also is a wealth of knowledge to.

www.blackrosetrikes.co.uk

libby - 2009-01-28 11:14 PM HI Trika I guess it was you asking about Caravan Club sites. And you were into Trike Bikes too. I reckon a pot of paint wouldn't go amiss here. Got to make it look a bit presentable. Did you ask the CC Club about stopping on their sites? Bill

i shell be painting in the summer both projects. thanks

.whats the latest on your conversion? D.

£3500 spent to date.drivers door gone and new window fitted , (from a dumpster truck cab)

leaks now sealed in cab. just found some ss trim from plaxston coach.

first set of cupboard doors finished and varnished, with satin.

stuck on what color to paint it.

Hi Shaun, updates on my conversion can be found on a semi regular basis in a major UK motorcaravan magazine (not MMM, sorry :$ ) I also put semi regular updates on the SBMCC forum in the "how's your refit going" thread.

Truth be told I just haven't had time to do much to it for a couple of months, been too busy looking after customers needs (thank goodness :D ) but I actually got it back on the lift the other day for a couple of hours work. About half way through repainting it at the moment, replaced the cab seats with Mondeo units on custom made bases with swivels. Mostly been focusing on tidying up a few dings and dents in the bodywork so far but I've resprayed the front bumper, windscreen surround and door mirrors high gloss black. Most of the rest of the bodywork is now in primer and very nearly ready for the final paintwork.

DD.

P.S. your other website appears to be authored by someone else but has much more content.

''P.S. your other website appears to be authored by someone else but has much more content.''

if your refer to trike site. no that's mostly mine but i do have a pall on Bord with the web hosting and generally tidying of soft were, the prise i pay for this is he google adds it and keeps the proceeds, and improves his skills with the software, as now and then a new problem pops up, the fact is with out him I'm bugged.  lol

were is this other mag you are in then. i will have a look at your van in the other site, but sorry if i dont post as only got 10 of them to play with so dont intend to waist them lol

• 5 weeks later...

im curently wsorking on the back end of the van at the moment, iv got a grp/frp back light unit from a coach man caravan thats seen beterdays.

problem is its 4 inchs to small so iv had to build some grp parts to fill the spase. what iv done is built some uprights that fill the out side edge of the van and as well as puting some l,e,d, s in them for back lights.

im currently working on the back end of the van at the moment, iv got a grp/frp back light unit from a coach man caravan that's seen better days.

problem is its 4 inches to small so iv had to build some grp parts to fill the space. what iv done is built some uprights that fill the out side edge of the van and as well as putting some l,e,d, s in them for back lights.

I'm sorry but this poor spelling is unnecessary unless you think it clever......forgive me if you have an impediment. Surely you must have "word" or "email" both provide simple to use automatic  spell checking.
--------------------------------------------------------

as it happens i do have a problem with spelling and such and do not do this on perpass like you seem to think.

i would like to say in defence to all out there that have a reel bad problem with spelling and that is, don't fret over it to much you will always have critics in this land and there is nout that can be dun about them.

so with that if you cant read my notes properly then don't.

have a nise day

iv now started the back grp work.

iv taken a back panel from a caravan and mad some uprights for . the reason for this  was the panel was 2 inch's to small,anyway here are is a piy of it still lodes to do to it, as l.e.d's for the main lights, and paint. 

P1010013.JPG.d982ebd697132000cb6e189ae066ed04.JPG

P1010019.JPG.6a437ab4c6dec6ecf553a0f8293b95b8.JPG

• 1 month later...
thanks libby, its all hand made apart from the bumper with the logo on, the rest is mine. fiberglassed useing drain guttering as moulds, then bolted on and filed over the a large grp sheet for the bottom part and again filled  around the sides to blend the lot together and painted, in old English white, and if you look ate the top bar you will see some small round disks, they hold very bright leds in them that glow at night with the tail lights.

I'm impressed Shaun....you certainly don't hang about ....it took me a day to touch up my bumper !!.  I can imagine fittting that rear panel caused some 'head scratching', but it looks right. Good luck with the rest of the build.

Have you had a chance to visit a weighbridge as yet Shaun? Looks like the kilos are adding up.

one of the problems I see is with all the individual sections of light weight material, when you begin to move about the country the varying road surfaces may cause the bodywork to shift, meaning that the joints will show.

Perhaps you have already catered for that and succeded in making all things firm but there's a lot of rolling goes on once on the move.

yes iv took that in to consideration, the panels are glued on with car filler, and yes they will move but it was the only way to ensure that i would get a flush fit.

then a small trench around the sides were ground in with a grinder then after the paint was done I'm going to put some silka flex in that trench so it can flex with out peeling away when on the move.

as for the Waite of the van im doing this at the end of the build, there is no way i can get it under the 3 half ton limit, so im looking to get it under the 5 ton instead.

the reason for the work on the back end  i did follow this to the mot station and i felt totally embarised to  own this and very nearly sold it cos of that fact but after telling the wife that i had found a smaller van on eBay she told me on no terms was this to go as the size of the van is what she wanted so i set about trying to tart or pimp the back end a bit . now i cant wait to drive it....

Shaun

I certainly admire the effort you put into it, I had considered a self build project but space to do it was not available plus I'm getting short in my remaining years so I decided to buy new, mainly so it gave me more time to get out and use it, did you ever find a self build group?

Bill

Archived