home builds

trikershaun

libby - 2009-04-05 3:32 PM And hows that for luxury, to have your own hydraulic lift !!

yes thanks to dev, but they whant your maney and i dont at the moment have any due to the van trike builds, so they will have to wait, or i may start one my self free to all users like the trike site, but it will have its problems like now the site is doun due to a sever problem and cash.lol

And a 2000 sq/ft workshop to keep it in Bill :D . Its my place of work you see and its an 8 tonne electric screw lift (not hydraulic) :D I've got most of the tools now too including a 10 tonne hydraulic press, combined lathe and miller, MIG welding gear, compressor and full complement of air tools including 4 spray guns!

D.

trikershaun - 2009-04-05 3:52 PM

how much did that paint cost you. looks good

Thanks Shaun, from memory about £200 for the paint, thinners and hardener. Putting it on myself so no labour costs (lol) . The only worrying thing is the inside is still bare and we roll for the Peterborough show in two and a half weeks in this 'van which currently doesn't even have an MOT :-S :-S . Got to get my finger out I reckon :-D .

D.

davenewell@home - 2009-04-05 3:57 PM
trikershaun - 2009-04-05 3:52 PM how much did that paint cost you. looks good
Thanks Shaun, from memory about £200 for the paint, thinners and hardener. Putting it on myself so no labour costs (lol) . The only worrying thing is the inside is still bare and we roll for the Peterborough show in two and a half weeks in this 'van which currently doesn't even have an MOT :-S :-S . Got to get my finger out I reckon :-D . D.

ok so you are going to put a fire work up yu ass then cos thats a lot of work for a short time of space. are you going for the log book chang or keeping it to what it was.

trikershaun - 2009-04-05 4:04 PM
davenewell@home - 2009-04-05 3:57 PM
trikershaun - 2009-04-05 3:52 PM how much did that paint cost you. looks good
Thanks Shaun, from memory about £200 for the paint, thinners and hardener. Putting it on myself so no labour costs (lol) . The only worrying thing is the inside is still bare and we roll for the Peterborough show in two and a half weeks in this 'van which currently doesn't even have an MOT :-S :-S . Got to get my finger out I reckon :-D . D.

ok so you are going to put a fire work up yu ass then cos thats a lot of work for a short time of space. are you going for the log book chang or keeping it to what it was.

Will get the log book changed when its all done which is quite a long way off. As long as we can get it to a usable position for P'boro' we'll be ok.D.

davenewell@home - 2009-04-05 3:53 PM

And a 2000 sq/ft workshop to keep it in Bill :D . Its my place of work you see and its an 8 tonne electric screw lift (not hydraulic) :D I've got most of the tools now too including a 10 tonne hydraulic press, combined lathe and miller, MIG welding gear, compressor and full complement of air tools including 4 spray guns!

D.

Ooooooo ... stop teasing me Dave! :D

The van's looking good though, yours is too Shaun. :-D

Mel B - 2009-04-06 7:11 PM
davenewell@home - 2009-04-05 3:53 PM And a 2000 sq/ft workshop to keep it in Bill :D . Its my place of work you see and its an 8 tonne electric screw lift (not hydraulic) :D I've got most of the tools now too including a 10 tonne hydraulic press, combined lathe and miller, MIG welding gear, compressor and full complement of air tools including 4 spray guns! D.
Ooooooo ... stop teasing me Dave! :D The van's looking good though, yours is too Shaun. :-D

thanks for the encouragement,

as for devanwell he is a bit of a tees.lol

Stuart - 2009-04-06 7:52 PM Hi Shaun, Van looks good but don't forget to take the trailer triangles off the back before you set off in it. Stuart

thanks stuart, glad you all like it so far, but do you no something that i dont with the triangles stuart.

love to know if iv mist something

• 3 weeks later...

hay chaps im a Little stuck and need your input, please.

iv almost hit the bit were iv got to tidy the cab out with something, im looking for something modern to do but the truck is 20+ years old, some pople have suggested carpet the cab out, but that's what  bus companies do and home builders as well, now i do like that but im going to sell this at a later date, so need to think of something that will work for all. im stuck.

• 5 months later...

Well done Shaun, the bus is looking good, all credit to you mate.

Just as an update to my last post on this thread, we did get it done to a usable point in time for Peterborough way back in April although we had no washroom and the bog was flushed with a jug :-S, but we got an MOT and after some hassle with DVLA we got it taxed in the correct category (PHGV) . Since then we have done quite a lot, like finishing the kitchen cupboards, fitting and plumbing the sink, building the wee room walls etc. I'm currently installing a Propex space heater, only got the gas feed left to do but next Saturday we roll for mid wales for a brief escape and its likely to be cold (ish), wish me luck.

D.

Archived