table hight

trikershaun

My Husband has just made a small table to use instead of the very large one provided. We used the Fiamma pole and tripod collapsible legs with a small table top. I would suggest that if you have your seat bases done then make your table height to be comfortable when sat on them. You might as well make it to suit yourselves.

Just had a look at Olearymotorhomes website and they do various leg and pole sizes - 500/600/700mm

trikershaun - 2009-01-30 2:31 PM

hi as you know im building my own van but have come stuck on table height, would there be any one here  be kind and put tape to there table and give me the distance from floor to table top and from top  of seat to top of table top

thanks.

Floor to table top 30 inchesFloor to seat top 15 inches plus about 5 inches of cushion.

After 35 years in furniture making and design I recall that the standard table height is 730mm.

When they were measured in the old imperial size 2' 6" was considered the standard.

Seat height should be about 460mm or 18" at the sitting position. Visually it may be higher because if you have 100mm of foam cushion on top and this will compress down with your weight on it.

If in doubt make up a "cock shy," try it and see what is best for you. There is some latitude with the above heights, especially with seating in vans where in some cases you sit down and your feet don't touch the floor. This can be both tiring and irritating.

Archived