Barcelona Camping

Guest Peter Billing

Guest Peter Billing
Doea anyone know of or can recommend a campsite within easy (public transport) reach of Barcelona? I have heard of a site at Viladecans, South of the city, on a bus route and believe there may be more in that area. Does anyone know of these site? and does anyone have any advice about visiting Barcelona. I shall be there in May and camp in a motorhome. Pete B.

Peter This is probably of little help to you but we visited Barcelona a number of years ago (5 or 6) and stayed at a site in a district of Barcelona but I cannot remember if it was north or south. It was very close to the sea; just the road and a railway line between it and the beach. There was a station very close by and ultra-modern commuter trains travelled into the centre of the city in about 15 to 20 minutes. All I can remember is that the site had a number of mature fig trees in it and we were walking on a carpet of fallen figs everywhere. It was ideally situated for visiting the city and was listed in CC's Caravan Europe under "Barcelona". Regards Neal

Guest Peter Billing
Hi Neal, Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, there are no campsites under'Barcelona' in my copy of the Caravan Club's Caravan Europe. Admittedly its a 2004 edition and I will probably update it this year but knowing how Spain is being developed, the site you refer to is possibly under a tower block by now! Thanks anyway. Pete

'La Ballena Alegre' at Viladecans. 'Tres Estrellas' at Gava. Both are on the C31, about 500m apart, just south of the airport and approx 10 miles from the port area. However, as you rightly say, check them out first.

Peter Further thoughts on the above. If you are prepared to stay 30 miles from Barcelona I can thoroughly recommend 'Vilanova Park' at Vilanova i La Geltru - and it's definitely still there! A bus runs from the site to the towns train station and then a superb and direct train service operates to Barcelona. The site also run several conducted tours taking in the Barcelona hot spots which are laid back and good value.

Guest Peter Blore
Hi Peter, we stayed at 3 Estrellas two years ago and found it ideal for visiting Barcelona,the bus stop is 200m from the main entrance. They also accept Camping Cheques. Web site www.camping3estrellas.com regards Peter Blore.

• 2 weeks later...
I can only re-iterate comments above about Vilanova campsite and would heartily recommend it full details on it are here:- www.motorhomefacts.com/modules.php?name=Campsites&op=display_results&csid=752

I can confirm Ron B's info, stayed there last week! Bus into Vilanova is 0.95 euro single, every 1/2 hour. Train is 4.60 return and takes about 40 minutes. Site restaurant is open and there is evening entertainment there some nights. There is the best supermarket I've ever seen on a campsite and an internet "lounge" with about 8 terminals. Organised trips seem to be once a week but we took ourselves in and did not get mugged either day in spite of an aparent reputation for that sort of skulduggery. This is a top class site and we would have no hesitation in going back there. They also accept Camping Cheques off season which may be an advantage. Stuart

Guest Peter Billing
Thanks to Ron B and Stuart, you have almost convinced me to stay at Vilanova, 'tho I was hoping for something a little closer. However, there's no reason why I can't stay at Vilanova and a closer site as well! Thanks again to all who answered my query. Pete

Archived