Overtaking / Blind Spot (Frogeye) Mirrors

Chucky

Hi ...... Can anybody advise where I can get some decent overtaking (blind spot) mirrors, I've looked at the stick -on type and discarded that option, I've been looking at the 'Magnum' mirrors (http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/209599/magnum_frog_eye.html), but would like to asses some others for practicality and cost before making a decision.

Any websites that I can check on ?

Safe Travels

You will find several good blind spot mirrors that will help but if you want one from abroad that gives you the view that would get if you were driving on the left side then fit a door mirror [a good one] on the door pillar and adjust to suit. You can then overtake with confidence as well as turn right without getting out of your seat to look down the foreign road. I always do this and it works for me.

Chucky - 2009-02-09 12:56 PM

I've looked at the stick -on type and discarded that option

Never had a problem with stick on's, van mirrors are usauly larger than car so no real problems obsuring any area, also don't need to see the blind spot with the same 'detail' as standard mirror. That aside, the mirrors that clamp on top edge(or btm if prefered) work ok, got a pair cheap from an auto jumble cost about £10.

Stuart - 2009-02-09 7:16 PM

I bought a pair from CAK at Kenilworth some time ago, I imagine they still do them.

Stuart

CAK's (www.caktanks.com) 2008 catalogue advertises 3 auxiliary mirrors (cost from £13 to £17) that attach outside the reflective part of the original mirror, and two small mirrors (£2 each) that stick to the original mirror's 'glass'.

Some potentially useful mirror-related information on

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/209595/mirrors.html

My best advice would be to forget looking in motorhome related suppliers and go to your nearest truck parts dealer.

I bought a proper wide angle mirror that bolts on below or above your existing mirror for £11.00. You can even fit a short extension to it if there is not enough room on your mirror arm.

The difference it makes is unbelievable, especially in a LHD.

What mirror you have is dependant on your existing mirror, I have an a class with large oblong mirrows, so have got the half round clip on types on the top, the hieght and position on mine is just right, not only do they work well but they fit in with the vehicle design.

Archived