Electrolux RM212 fridge information request

Guest Derek Uzzell

Guest Derek Uzzell
Does anyone have in their 'van the RM212 model of Electrolux 3-way refrigerator that was commonplace in caravans and motorhomes in the late 1980s, or is familiar with the RM212 appliance? If you do have one, just to satisfy my curiosity, could you please describe (in detail) the layout of the controls (gas-, 12V-, 240V-selection methods, gas lighting method, etc.)? I'm paricularly interested in the action of the 'knob' that (apparently) controls OFF, 12V or 240V selection. Unfortunately, as the RM212 is long since out of production, there's no downloadable manual available via the Dometic website. Thanks.

Guest David Powell
Good afternoon Derek, sorry it took me a few days to get around to reading throught the latest Forum, my old motor home seems to be fitted with the fridge in question:- RM212F, The 'F' may indicate a small difference somewhere, possibly the gas ignition system, as the system on the actual fridge is a tumbler switch which runs the igniter off the 12V system,which as you know when left 'on' will relight the gas if it gets blown out, but in the instruction book it is the old press button Pietso ignition. On the control panel, looking at the front from observers left to right, first is the above mentioned gas ignition button/switch, next is the combined gas control and flame failure device, this knob turns through indications 1.2.3. & O(off) Press to allow gas to flow until the failsafe system is hot enough to stay alight, next is the elrctric thermostat (220/240 Volts) 0 through to 8. Now on the right hand end the one you are mainly interested in The Voltage Selector Switch, is a simple three position tumbler switch 'top in for 240V',"bottom in for 12 V", Half way is off which of course is the position for using the gas. Hope that covers it for you Derek? If there is anything else I can look it up for you, or get someone to scan the instruction book and Email it through to you, like next time the Grand Son is over here, I am too old to understand these P.C. things. When I was 16 I knew it all too, but things were simple back in those days. Georgina and I have just celebrated our Golden wedding, so you can see we are no chickens.

Guest Derek Uzzell
Many thanks for the information David. I'm playing Pig-in-the-Middle with this, so I'll pass what you've said on. Congratulations on the wedding anniversary. Regards, Derek

Archived