Couple of bits on the new MH I dont understand - Swift Suntor 630 (prob similar to other)

Ian_n_Suzy

maggyd - 2009-02-15 10:54 PM

Have a look inside the door opening with the door shut is there brackets that you slide that piece of table? on our Kontiki we have a piece similar (its in the loft now) but it slides in the door opening as an extra work top. *-)

Hello,

I will be sure to take a look in the morning.

MANY THANKS.

Ian&Suzy

Your description indicates that your Thetford toilet is a C-200CWE swivel-bowl model.

Question 1) Should it still do something when the flush button pressed even if it has no water in (light up or something)?

Answer 1: Whether or not there is water in the toilet's reservoir, you should be able to hear the toilet's integrated water-pump begin to run when you press the flush button. (The only 'light' these toilets have is a red LED near the flush button that indicates when the toilet's waste-cassette approaches full. The cassette's volume is 17 litres and the red LED illuminates when there are 2 litres of capacity remaining.)

Question 2) Do they need the van water supply and pump on?

Answer 2: All electric-flush Thetford toilets are 12V only. The toilet's 12V power-supply is often shared with that of the motorhome's main water-pump. In such instances, in order for the toilet's electric flush to function, you'd need to have the water-pump switch on the motorhome's electrical control-panel in its ON position. If there is no water in the motorhome's fresh-water tank and the water-pump is pressure-sensitive, then that pump is going to commence operating as soon as you've turned its control-panel switch ON, but that won't matter as long as you don't let the pump run 'dry' for an extended period. Obviously, if there is no water in the toilet's own water reservoir it won't flush, but its integrated pump should still operate when the flush button is pressed, despite the reservoir being empty.

In addition to any 12V fuse fitted by Swift and relating to the toilet's electrical power-supply, the toilet has its own dedicated fuse. Remove the waste cassette from its locker. Now look at the 'ceiling' of the locker and the fuse is located towards the front of the ceiling on the left. It is an ordinary 3A automotive-type blade-fuse. (Not sure if Thetford mention this fuse in their User Guide.)

Have a look inside the door opening with the door shut is there brackets that you slide that piece of table? on our Kontiki we have a piece similar (its in the loft now) but it slides in the door opening as an extra work top. *-)

Hi,

I have had a look and cannot see anywhere around the door to hook it on.

It still looks to me like it should be part of an "extended headboard" for chair / bed. It is trimmed the same as the other part that makes the headboard, but I ca find no means of attaching it to anywhere.

I am going to ring a Swift dealer now for a few bots and will ask them.

CHEERS

Ian_n_Suzy - 2009-02-16 11:22 AM

Hi,

It still looks to me like it should be part of an "extended headboard" for chair / bed. It is trimmed the same as the other part that makes the headboard, but I ca find no means of attaching it to anywhere.

CHEERS

Could you not get in touch with the person you bought it off and ask them as well?

Ian_n_Suzy

Regarding your water-leak query on MotorHomeFacts, it's likely that your Swift uses SEMI-RIGID WATER PIPEWORK with 'John Guest System-type' PUSH-FIT COUPLINGS. The manufacturer of the couplings is (probably) Whale - though there's another brand called "Speedfit".

Inside each coupling is a small collar known as a 'COLLET' that grips the outside of the water pipe. To release the pipe from the coupling you push the exposed part of the collet towards the coupling and, while doing this, pull the pipe out. There are protective covers for the collets that clip on to the coupling, but they are often omitted if space is tight and/or the fitter is lazy.

Without actually seeing the problem it's difficult to say what's happened. It's possible it's just the couplings that have become detached. However, it's far from unknown for plastic taps to shatter if there's any water in them and the leisure vehicle has been exposed to extreme cold.

(There are photos of push-fit couplings in the "Water Supply and Waste Systems" chapter of John Wickersham's book "The Motorcaravan Manual".)

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the info.

I have managed to fix the original fault, which in turn showed up another, which I in turn fixed and that turned up yet another. Im absolutely knackered with contorting myself into all the nooks and crannys.

The original fault has been fixed but I had to "repair" the little grommet thing which I suppose could go at anytime so I still need to find out what brand it all is (and would'nt mind carrying a few spares).

I have looked at images of the brands you mention and as of yet have'nt found what im looking for.

I know the pump is a Shurflo, I am unsure if it follows that everything else is the same brand.

If I can't find a photo of the connecter that has given me the trouble, I will "attempt" to sketch it and see if you can recognise it.

CHEERS

Ian_n_Suzy - 2009-02-16 10:22 AM

Hi,

CHEERS

Id be very surprised if you have headboards as substantial as that it does look like some sort of table, I dont think the dealer will know we had a couple of spare cushions and they had no idea what they were for.!! It will probably come to you when using the van just where it goes Id just put it away in the locker untill you find it. Sorry not much help am I.

Archived