Aires come to Devon!

robertandjean

Hi,

Reported in the March issue of Motorhome Monthly that Teignbridge Council is to allow overnight parking for motorhomes at 2 car parks, Dawlish Warren and Eastcliffe, both close to Teignmouth. Restricted to 48 hours and no services. This appears great news. Wonder if anyone local, or the MMM newshounds can confirm ? (due to be up and running for Easter)

Jean and Robert

I have written to Exeter City Council to get their response in connection with overnight parking. At the moment there are only two car parks they say "can be used for day parking providing you do not have a large vehicle" !!!!

The initial verbal response was not encouraging but when I get a response I will post it. I know others across the country have attempted to get councils to agree and I will also write to Teignbridge to ask them why they thought it was a good idea.

Porky well fed and happy and on a mission ( impossible ??? )

robertandjean - 2009-02-22 8:07 PM

Hi,

Reported in the March issue of Motorhome Monthly that Teignbridge Council is to allow overnight parking for motorhomes at 2 car parks, Dawlish Warren and Eastcliffe, both close to Teignmouth. Restricted to 48 hours and no services. This appears great news. Wonder if anyone local, or the MMM newshounds can confirm ? (due to be up and running for Easter)

Jean and Robert

Well that does seems to be good news Jean & Robert.

I will have to have a run out and have a look soon. Mind you if it is only up and running by Easter I might have to wait a bit. I haven't been to Dawlish Warren in a long time but seem to remember Fire engines had a problem going to emergencies in that area so wonder if the car park is in the same area? Will have to investigate.

When I was last in touch with Teignbridge for an update (September last year) they said "The current parking strategy does refer to the possibility of winter and overnight parking for motorhomes in the future at Dawlish Warren landward car park and others throughout the district. The Council is currently reviewing other options for motorhome parking throughout the district."

Looks like their review has had positive outcomes for us.

Exeter Council recommend the use of Haven Road or Matford P&R but I've also been told by users of my web site that the TIC has directed them to Triangle car park. All for day time only parking though.

Graham

Re parking at Dawlish Warren, I see someone said it's the landward car park, might be a problem with high m'homes to go under the railway bridge to the seaward parks.

The Triangle carpark in Exeter is reasonably close to the town centre and I would think OK for parking but it's sloping mostly.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived