Waste Valve

bluestone

Mine has a slide valve which has a large, flat rubber washer as a seal. I luricate this with vegetable oil to stop it from sticking and distorting the seal. maybe yours just needs a new seal ring? I believe CAK sell the valves, they may well have spares for them too.

HTH Stuart

bluestone

As Stuart says, CAK (www.caktanks.com) markets 3" waste-tank slide drain valves and various accessories to match. Whether the CAK valves match yours is anybody's guess and I have noticed, when I've been browsing in motorhome accesory shops abroad, that valve design does not seem to be standardised. If you can't fix your present valve, it might be worth replacing it with a CAK-sold version as these are claimed to be easily dismantled for maintenance.

Derek Uzzell - 2009-02-23 9:08 AM

bluestone

As Stuart says, CAK (www.caktanks.com) markets 3" waste-tank slide drain valves and various accessories to match. Whether the CAK valves match yours is anybody's guess and I have noticed, when I've been browsing in motorhome accesory shops abroad, that valve design does not seem to be standardised. If you can't fix your present valve, it might be worth replacing it with a CAK-sold version as these are claimed to be easily dismantled for maintenance.

Thanks all,

I have dismantled the valve cleaned the spade and ordered a couple of seals from CAK Tanks. Will see if this fixes the problem.

bluestone

Archived