Southern Spain/Portugal

brayn

I, that is to say, my wife has decided that we should go to Southern Spain or Portugal next January. This year has been too busy to arrange winter holidays!

I have tried searching the web but the number of hits is overwhelming and sorting out relevant sites is so frustrating and time consuming! I have also tried searching this forum but it reports an error. Does anyone know of a source of information on long staysites (approx. 4-6 weeks) or have experience of such sites in the area?

The Camping and Caravanning Club have quite a few sites for winter rallies, you can go for the Full say 60 days or any portion that you want. If you don't like rallies they also have non rally sites. Most of the sites are just commercial with the club reserving a number of pitches. If you ring them then they will send a Winter Sun Book of sites and rallies, cost is £5 refundable if you book a site. Probably Caravan Club do something similar, but I am not a member so only guessing.

We are going in September for 7 months. Try www.eurocampings.co.uk

www.vayacamping.net or campingcar-infos.com to name but three.

As far as I can make out no one will limit your time but you need to make sure they are open, not all do throughout the year. Have a good trip.

Porky well fed and happy

You could try WWW.alanrogers.com gives heaps of info (^) on all sites in Spain/Portugal and don't forget the ACSI card as this also gives you discounts card available from WWW.vicariousbooks.co.uk.

However if your not going til NEXT year wait until Jan10 and apply for one good luck in your planning

Archived