International Driving Etiquette

Guest Don Madge

Guest Don Madge
Having owned a motorhome for over 25 years, every now and then, etiquette rears it's ugly head. The courtesy we "Motorhome" drivers show to other road users and this includes our foreign colleagues is sometimes quite appalling and as such serves only to damage/tarnish our image. (The attitude do unto them as they do unto us is not the answer) This link proves the point http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A139501 Regards Don

Please explian yourself Don It is unforgivable to make a statement Then instead of explaining what you are about send us running round the worls to seek out what you are about You are usually explicit

Guest Docted
Derek, happy new year, I think what Pete was complaining about was the comment made by Don at the start of his posting re "our driving standards". The actual link is to the Hitch Hikers guide to the Galaxy site on the BBC and is a light hearted site with a bias towards humour and is not meant to be taken literally, I think. Good luck Docted

Guest Derek Uzzell
Docted: Happy New Year to you too. Yes, it's a joke of course and, if one has to explain the humour, that's the kiss of death for the joke - that's why I felt Don was justified in directing people to the link rather than explaining why. (Hell, this is getting ridiculous - I wonder if Don is chuckling to himself or wishes he'd kept his mouth shut!)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Don Madge
Greetings from the very hot and humid Cook Islands. I never dreampt for one minute anybody would take it serously.I thought it was very funny but then I've got a weird sense of humour and these Cook Island key boards can't spell. Next stop OZ but we'll be back home for the Peterborough Show (well that's the plan). Regards Don

• 2 years later...

Archived