Cleaning

debutante

Like MelB I normally use a similar method but using central heating pipe insulation, the split type so that it 'clips' around the stiles of the ladder, fixed to the back of the ladder where it contacts the top of the van (or the Fiamma awning on the nearside). This provides a stable and effective ladder without the instability of a step ladder.

However my son recently purchased a ladder for each of us that unfolds and can be locked in differing styles one of which is a sort of free standing 'scaffold' and is supplied with metal treads that make the ladder rungs a solid walkway allowing a movement of around 3.4 metres at a height of 1.7 metres making it an ideal height for brushing the roof. So will be trying that out next time.

Our roof (nor the rest of the van) does not need much attention as we use a Protec cover which stops the muck, meaning that we just have to wash off the van before recovering until next outing.

Bas

Whilst travelling we came across a car wash place. I politely asked them if I paid extra would they mind cleaning my motorhome and they charged me £30. Done the whole thing including the roof. My advice would be to use these guys if you have any near you as for £30 id rather not risk my own safety. They done an excelllent job as of it as well. Looked like a brand new motorhome once they had finished with it!! :-D

Archived