Maplins sat in a suitcase

wints

derek500 - 2009-03-01 10:17 AM

Yes, all the main terrestrial channels and their digital siblings are FTA except for Fiver and Five USA.

BBC 3 and 4 are on 10773, H, 22000, 5/6.

Hi Derek

I did several scans today but no bbc 3 or 4.

On the Comag 12 volt receiver you can scan a (?) transponder (tp scan). I did this with the 10773, 22000 & H bits. Couldn't see a 5/6. What is this ?

I get loads of FTA channels, running into 100's, lots of bbc regional ones, but no 3 or 4 !

On my receiver when chan 5 went fta it took the 'spot' vacated by bbc news 24, which changed to bbc news. It didn't re-name itself as chan 5. I'm wondering if bbc 3 & 4 may be lurking under a different name !

I can do a software update but the manual says that is not a channel scan.

Anybody else got the same set-up, had the same problems, and has resolved them and now gets bb3 & 4.

regards

Allen

What channels did you get on 10773H? Don't forget, during the day they're CBeebies and CBBC.

Perhaps your receiver was listing the SIDs (service information descriptors) BBC3 is named 6319, BBC4 6316 and during the day CBBC is 6317 and CBeebies is 6318

Derek

am I reading you correctly when you say that bbc 3 & 4 during the day are labelled as cbeebies & cbbc ? Probably not.

I've put the 2 kids progs into my favourites list (not for me) yesterday during the day. This may explain it, bbc 3 & 4 don't broadcast until 7 pm so maybe thats when I should scan for them ?

Anyway Derek, have you got the Comag receiver ?

regards

Allen

wints - 2009-03-09 9:33 AM

Derek

am I reading you correctly when you say that bbc 3 & 4 during the day are labelled as cbeebies & cbbc ? Probably not.

I've put the 2 kids progs into my favourites list (not for me) yesterday during the day. This may explain it, bbc 3 & 4 don't broadcast until 7 pm so maybe thats when I should scan for them ?

Anyway Derek, have you got the Comag receiver ?

regards

Allen

Yes. They time share their frequencies. Try watching the 'saved' children's channels in the evening and you should get BBC3 and BBC4.

I have a Lidl Silvercrest which is a Comag with a different badge.

Hi Derek

I posted a reply yesterday, but it's not shown up..probably user error.

The essence of it was that you were spot on with the cbeebies & cbbc being on the same 'sat tp frequencies' (?) as bbc3 & 4. I tuned into cbeebies after 7 pm and there was bbc 3 (or 4).

Another query : With the comag or silvercrest receiver is it possible to tune into the astra 28 E southern beam ? If so, how is it done ?

I ask this because you apparently reside in valencia, as your avatar describes.

regards

Allen

Another query : With the comag or silvercrest receiver is it possible to tune into the astra 28 E southern beam ? If so, how is it done ?

Hi Wints,

I am a Motorhome Noobie but I used to have an interest in Satellite TV (many years ago).

I have since started to rekindle the interest due to our Motorhome. I am by no means an expert but hopefully I can help.

You ask can you tune into the 28.2e Southern Beam with the Comag / Silvercrest Receiver. In essence you do nothing to "tune into it", nothing different anyhow it's part of the same group.

The Receiver only decyphers the signals that the Dish picks up. With regards to the southern beam, they are all broadcast from the same location (28.2e Orbit), each beam carries a different channel set. So don't think for instance that the Southern Beam (if you can get it) will be carrying all the channels you are used to.

For example: Astra 28.2e transmits Astra 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, etc.

The 2a southern beam transmits the following channels:

B4U Music

Babeworld.tv

CNN

Create & Craft

Quiz Call

S4C Digidol

S4C 2

Teletext Holidays

Vitality

Zee Music

The 2b southern beam transmits the following channels:

Babeworld.tv

BBC PARL'MNT

bid tv

CNN

Ideal World

price-drop tv

QVC Barker

QVC TSVNOW

QVC

Sky News Eire (Cable)

Sky News UK (Cable)

Sky News

speedauctiontv

Teachers' TV

Zee Music

The image below gives an approx dish size guide to receive the Southern Beam:

http://www.sateuropa.co.uk/images/fprintmini_2a2bsouth.jpg

To make matters more complicated Eurobird1 transmits alot of the "Sky Package Type" channels (28.5e), again you don't really have to do anything to get this satellite. It comes along from the same location.

http://www.lyngsat.com has a wealth of information regarding the satellites, footprint maps, channels and frequencies, etc.

Also, http://www.uksatellitehelp.co.uk/2007/08/12/satellite-alignment-calculator-v2/ is most useful for aligning to your chosen satellite. It gives both the Azimuth and Elevation for your location.

GOOD LUCK

Archived