Help, no fixed address.

Guest Steve T

Guest Steve T
Hi all, I am new to motorhomes and am confused. I recently sold my house so that I could tour around Europe on the profit. I am using my parents address for mail...but...how do I get around the insurance questions to insure my van. In effect I am homeless!!! I can't be the only person in this position but I can't find any info on the net. Any suggestions.

Guest frank cimmino
Hi, i did exactly the same in june 2004, but i left my old address as it was the reason being my son bought the house. In your case all you have to do is to tell the insurance that you actually moved in with your parents(if they agree)then change your details with the insurance.I had no problems at all. We returned in june 2005,and although we now have bought a house,next winter you can guess where i'll be?

Afraid where you are REALLY going to bump your head is if you try to open a bank acount. The banks now insist you produce not only proof of identity - easy, passport will do - but also proof that you live where you say you live, for which they demand a utility account less than 3 months old with your name on it. Don't blame the banks: it's a government edict under anti-money-laundering. Moral: open any bank accounts you need within 3 months of selling up, and then get the hell out before Blair's jackboot descends on your unsupecting neck.

Archived