EFOY fuel cell? ??????

AnnPaul

Has anyone had any experience or would like make any comments on the EFOY fuel cell? We understand there are two sizes 1600 and 800. I know this product was featured in Feb's MMM but would like more imfo from more people who have used it

Paul & Ann

We have the Efoy 1600

We are still on the fist container of fuel. It tends to charge at 5plus amps.

Not one to use sites and using all mod cons, Tv,internet, lights, central heating, microwave (from inverter) etc. We do not run low on power. It normally kicks in later in the evening and purrs away long after going to bed. Very quietly!!!!!!!!!!!

Any questions percifically please ask. Should you be in the area or at any shows in the near future your welcome to have a gander.

Dennis

Ps we should be visiting Damage Barton soon if we can book in.

:-D Many thanks for your reply. Couple of questions, 1 What sort of price can we expect to pay ( I know its not cheap!) but like you we very rarely stay on sites. 2 Where do you buy the fuel 3 we are fairly good at most DIY tasks is it easy to fit.

Regards

Ann and Paul

Guest JudgeMental

There is something similar that runs of gas it's probably more practical?

Can't remember the name....... Anyone?

Den,

A couple of specifics:-

a) Have you a figure for the max. current drain from your battery and what size leisure battery do you have?

b) Do you also use solar panels to charge? can they run in parallel with the EFOY unit?

Hi Paul

Has the PM arrived yet?

Max current drain used to be 10amps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its now down to about 4amps. Changed to leds. We have 200AH batteries fitted as std, along with a 100w solar panel wired through the main panel.

The Efoy is connected direct to the batteries. One cable to monitor the voltage and one feed. So yes the solar panel like when your on mains does not effect the Efoy. Switch it on and forget it. When your MH is not in use should the temp' drop to3deg or less it will switch it self on to keep warm!! Very clever. I've used generators in the past (Honda 10i) quiet but not quiet enough. I'm going to re send an email to you personally .

there is a price difference the eg20 fitted £2800 and the Efoy1600 is now £3500 ouch!!!!!! But it is silent unlike the Eg20 which is 51dB (Efoy is 23dB)

at 7mtrs. In the MH we can barely hear the Efoy as they say similar to a computer.

Hi all

What are the problems inherent with storage of the fuel for the EFOY and how much do you carry?

Is the fuel readily available?

I notice someone said that they were still on their first lot of fuel but how long does a bottle/jug last?

Not being sure of the usage i carried 10ltrs connected to the Efoy in its cradle and 10ltrs spare. I have now taken out the spare, its lasting so long. Safety wise it can be sent via a carrier so its not so dangerous. Should you drink it that's not so good, but who drinks petrol and lives to tell the tale. If you contact the importers they can advise distributors. I stock 7 x 10 ltr containers should anyone req any. (i over ordered, the Efoy is very fugal indeed).

Hi KKclassic

I didn't read your message correctly and missed the storage part. Efoy recommend to store cool and dark. It carries a long usage date (ideal when i have so much) I keep ours in the shed. Just looked at the exp date Nov 2012. I have just looked at the Efoy, it has done 173 hours. From memory it had 15 hours already on the clock. Not all these are generating hours. When the temp' drops it starts up to keep warm. Its left on auto constantly, no plugging in before going away and no demands on the alternator. Hopefully this as answered more fully.

Dennis

fred grant - 2009-03-02 2:15 PM

dont ee read mmm my lovvers? that clive mutt-gotobed done a couple of articles on the fuel cell. he is the boy to ask

alice

He said he's already read that Fred. (Or Alice - I don't know who's turn it is today on the 'puter).

Time to wipe the cow pat off yer specs !

;-) ;-)

Yes methanol is used by speedway and drag cars. But I'm told it's not in a pure form and would be similar to using red diesel.The garage can tell from staining. This would void the warranty and they use so little , the savings would be negligible. Plus the containers are of the safety type tops. It does stress in the warranty that if any non Efoy supplied methanol is used damage even if not directly caused by the fuel. Its the normal thing all will look for a scapegoat.

ere, if those efoys pumps out the same smell as speedway bikes me ansums, then fred is going to order ten of em. mind you, thats a reminder that i as a couple of old japs and goddens layin about in the barn sumwhere. will the efoy stuff power the bikes up, or will us av to sieve it like us does red diesel my luvvers.

fuelcellfred

Archived