Safari Room Skirt

rossko

We bought a Fiamma safari room / privacy room last year & were really pleased with it. We are thinking of adding the draught skirt this year but not too happy about having to drill the van & also unsure about where to actually drill it. Has anyone done it & if so what did you do about the door opening. We have a safari bolero & the door fram comes almost to the bottom of the van side. Do we attach the skirt 6 inches aboev the edge & cut a peice out for the door or attach the whole thing very close to the edge. Any thought much appreciated thanks

Hi Rossco- I do not own a privacy room, but if I was in your place, I would drive in a few short wooden poles ( broomhandles cut down) close to the van and fix the skirt to them. As regards the door, cut 2 vertical slits and fold the skirt down out of the way. If when you came to sell the skirt you could always tape up the cuts with strong gaffer tape. chas

Hi there, Can't help personally but if you pm Gazza (he's always in the Chatterbox section so you can find his posts there) he had onedone last year I THINK, when we were at the Malvern Show.

He is really lovely person and I am sure he will give you lots of advice. Joy

We have a Fiamma Safari room and a skirt. Ours is a fiamma zip awing, so the top of safari room zips to awing. The skirt is held in place by fixing the press stud type fixes to the van, a small drill to start it off. The step we cut a slit to accommadate . we have also put an extra piece over the wheel arch, as this was higher than the main skirt on our van. ( Swift Sundance)

The studs are hardly noticable and hold firm. (it does get blowy undereath sometimes, so stones or bottle of water will help to keep it down )You can also tuck the ends underneath the ground sheet Hope this helps you

If you get a couple of suction cups with suction levers similar to those used for pulling out dents in car bodies, place one at each end of the safari room, put some eyelets in the skirt and thread rope through the eyelets and then tie the ends of the rope between the suction cups ( suction lifter.

Screwfix have them called " double suction lifter" part No 18817 @ £4.88 each .

Hope it helps

Mike

Thanks for all the ideas. We definitely will need to cut a hole out for our door. We have a Fiamma skirt so it fastens on with poppers. Must say the Omnistor one with the rail looks as though it will be neater. Thanks for the photo Gaz

Archived