Beeny Box Boredom

dwaviation

Hi all - We are having a Beeny Box fitted next month down in deepest Cornwall, I am told it will take about six hours 8-) Can I ask how all you Beeny Box types amused yourselves for six hours whilst you were there?

All suggestions gratefully received.

Get bus to St Ives indulge in a bit of culture at the Tate St Ives, get another bus over to Falmouth visit Maritime Museum, end result at least 6 dead hours filled with interesting observations of art and history.

A bus to St Ives and Falmouth sounds pretty good - We'll go for that. Good point Judge, I've gone for one in the middle of the van to get some of that weight forward and we're only putting stuff in it that we manage to eject from the inside of the van, I just hope the box doesn't weigh 200kgs to start with... :-D

Check out this web site Josie - http://www.beenybox.co.uk/

Depending on the frequency of the buses I think you will have to choose between St. Ives and Falmouth. We chose the latter and spent a good day there window shopping etc.

From personal experience make sure that you stay on the main roads - the last time I went to the workshop I took a detour to miss the Cambourne traffic and even with a sat nav, or maybe because of (!), it was not a happy experience.

Incidentally I have found the boxes to be very useful.

we just jumped onto the train to st ives, as the station is right next to the workshop had a great day then went back to cambourne to see my two new beenyboxes ,stayed the night ,went into cambourne town for a meal then went home next day,would not be with out the beenybox saves a lot of wet items having to go else where ie,ramps ,leads,pegs etc.

josie gibblebucket - 2009-03-05 11:08 PM

What is a Beeny Box?

Did anyone answer your question ?

It's an external drawer that slides in under the side of a van.

Google will find their website for you, just type 'Beeny Box'

I had to have a look 'cos I didn't know what they were either.

;-)

I think the seventh post down might have cleared that up Malc_d :D

We will be staying at CC Tintagel for the week so its an early start and a late finish for us. Thanks for the tips so far. :-D

PS - I really wanted two boxes but the price... 8-) 8-)

malc d - 2009-03-09 9:03 PM

josie gibblebucket - 2009-03-05 11:08 PM

What is a Beeny Box?

Did anyone answer your question ?

It's an external drawer that slides in under the side of a van.

Google will find their website for you, just type 'Beeny Box'

I had to have a look 'cos I didn't know what they were either.

;-)

I thought it must be some kind of new fangled toilet, but now I've seen what it really is, I think its a great invention. Only wish I had a coachbuilt so I could have one fitted. Perhaps I could replace the ashtray with one :D :D :D

Hi Martyn

i still have another 300kg to go according to the weigh bridge.

What i would like to do is get the hook up lead and hose pipes, ramps etc out side of the van.

I cut my hook up into three quaters and a quater, to make it eaiser for me to handle (dodgy leg) I can get the hose pipes one just over a metre long and the other 10 meters long and the short hook up lead under the pasenger seat, where it's convienent to get at, but the long hook up lead has to go under the bed.

with a beeny box icould free that space up.

Pete

Pete you obviously have plugs to join the pieces of hook--up lead together when necessary. I have noticed that in France you can buy a small box to keep these French plug joins waterproof but have yet to find them in England to cover the bigger connection. Did you manage to find some then?

Pete, these are we do with our "bits", possibly no good to you with your dodgy leg but here goes..

Hook up lead is wound very small and sits under the sink, (on the floor), in a plastic tub we used to use as a waste collection box. It's multi purpose as we plonk an odd bottle of wine or beer in it and it's safe. On arrival on site, I get out, exit the van and then am on an easier level, i.e. lower, to pull the tub out.

Levellers sit under the seat behind the drivers seat in the narrow gap towards the driver.

In the larger space behind that we keep some spare lengths of hose, the larger lengths, (15m x 2) stay on reel in the washroom.

Sorry for going off thread,

Martyn

Patricia - 2009-03-11 11:11 AM

Pete you obviously have plugs to join the pieces of hook--up lead together when necessary. I have noticed that in France you can buy a small box to keep these French plug joins waterproof but have yet to find them in England to cover the bigger connection. Did you manage to find some then?

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread

nly ever need to plug the leads together once, but know what you mean patricia,like a rugby ball when used, i just used plastic carrier bags, and boy did it rain that night.

pete

Archived