Lafuma chairs, anyone bought in France ?

mike 202

Guest JudgeMental
mike 202 - 2009-03-07 8:51 AM

Hi, the cost of Lafuma products at Towshure have rocketed, I will be in France later this year and wondered if there is a factory outlet and if bargains are to be had. Thanks.

Might be something to do with 30% devaluation of the pound? *-)

We have always bought them in France

They appear to be cheaper at Riversway Leisure, at least over here you can choose from a variety colours and designs, and not rely on the limited selection in a French hypermarket, and it helps OUR economy. :'(

Guest JudgeMental
chas - 2009-03-07 11:40 AM

They appear to be cheaper at Riversway Leisure, at least over here you can choose from a variety colours and designs, and not rely on the limited selection in a French hypermarket, and it helps OUR economy. :'(

How’s that helping our economy, they are a French product........Or maybe it’s the nation of shopkeepers mentality, in its self probably responsible for our economic downfall :-|

How’s that helping our economy, they are a French product........Or maybe it’s the nation of shopkeepers mentality, in its self probably responsible for our economic downfall :-|

Er is it because they are spending their cash in England ......DER

Hi Mike

There is a shop in Marques Avenue at Calais, where all the big supermarkets are, which sells (or at least used to) these. They were a bit cheaper than buying here. That of course may also have changed

ike

mondo - 2009-03-07 3:16 PM

DER............. yes - but the english shop has already sent money to France to buy them in.......................

Guest JudgeMental
david lloyd - 2009-03-07 4:27 PM

mondo - 2009-03-07 3:16 PM

DER............. yes - but the english shop has already sent money to France to buy them in.......................

DOH!......... ;-) How du dey du dat!

ike - 2009-03-07 4:56 PM

Hi Mike

There is a shop in Marques Avenue at Calais, where all the big supermarkets are, which sells (or at least used to) these. They were a bit cheaper than buying here. That of course may also have changed

ike

This is opposite Cite Europe and is easy to spot. There is also a large electrical wholesalers there as well in a separate building.

Hi Mike,

I took this info off (I think) this site a year or two ago.

"visit the Designer Outlet Centre on Marquese Avenue close to the tunnel terminal and you will find a Lafuma outlet shop there. You will usually be able to buy seconds, these will simply have a small cosmetic scratch or similar. Other Lafuma bargains can also be found there. Park around the back of the centre closest to the Autoroute and the shop is just inside the rear door, so you won't have to carry them too far".

Cattwg :-D

So you drive around France trying to find an outlet shop using up expensive fuel and "if" you find exactly what you want you will pay for it at an exchange rate which is now a sick joke. Doh ! Think on Judge 8-) I am all for looking for a bargain, but at this particular economic time it dont make sense, why else is this country of ours being invaded by our cousins across the waters ? shopkeeper mentality.. tosh.

So I will not be wasting fuel driving round France looking for an outlet thanks to the forum.I will be touring France, route yet to be decided, so now that I know where to go, those places I am sure will coincide with my route, so no fuel wasted. Rates later in the year may be better but at least I now have a choice thanks to the kind advice given by members of the forum.

Mike

Just a extra thought last year there were a bad batch of Lafuma chairs where they were not heat treated or sewn properly, withing a month of purchase ours had completely fallen to pieces, lucky we had kept the receipt and when we got back to the UK they were replaced for us, we came across a few more who had this problem, and the dealers were aware of it, so if you see any last years stock cheaper make sure you keep the receipt in case it was one of the bad batch. Carol.

Archived