Electrolux RM 6270 Fridge

Coachman

I would be most grateful if someone can give me an idea as to what is wrong. This is on gas operation as all others are ok.

Its a manuel ignition so i turn on valve to "gas" ,then press in other knob and after waiting 30+ seconds press the ignighter several times , sometimes it will spark up, other times not at all.Took fridge out cleaned all pipelines including burner assy and replaced thermo coupling just in case its that.Tried again and all working, turns it off waits couple of minuets and try again , no it does not work. Have also got to the point where it did work ok but when releasing the button and about to turn it up it goes out again.In the "Y " branch where gas comes in and thermo plus burner tube is connected there is a "valve which i wonder is the problem, any ideas?

Could be the valve (?) behind the knob, we had this problem on our Rapido, it turned out that there were some of these valves (can't remember the correct term, sorry) which were a bit dodgy and could fail at any time ... which ours did of course right at the start of a holiday! It would light but then as soon as you let the knob go it would go out and sometimes it wouldn't light at all. I suspect you might need to get it replaced. :-(

Just found this thread for you which might help ....

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=11637&posts=9

Archived