Bit early but - - - - - Campsite for New Year

kevandali

Hi All

Every New Year we go away in the camper to a place in the lakes called Dungeon Gyll but this year we fancy a coastal escape such as Cornwall or the Gower in South Wales. We are going to start looking for a campsite that is open for the New Year that has access to their own pub/bar or local pubs with entertainment.

We are mainly intersted in places where we can go walking.

I do realise that I am being a bit previous but trying to sort it all out as soon as poss as I know you lot will have some great ideas.

Thanks in advance

Kevandali

This months MMM had free booklet included "100 essential Sites", entries included quite a few Open All Year sites. I know that to some on this forum the mention of THE CLUBS is a dirty word, however, they do offer lots of Open All Year sites and the facilities are good, heated toilet/shower blocks etc. and on most you do not have to be a club member.

• 6 months later...

Just found my old thread again and now its that bit closer to New Year thought I would add to it.

Found a good campsite for New year called Ayr Holiday park near St Ives but its a bit of a hike to get there. Anyone been there or if not can anyone recommend a campsite further north on the coast such as South Wales area?

Just found a campsite called Wisemans bridge in Pembrokshire, also looks good, anyone been there?

Hi there

been to Ayr park couple of years ago.

The site is actually in St Ives so is very handy for the town. If you don't fancy the walk back you quite a steep hill, one of the bus routes go'es past the entrance to the site. View from the pitches is stunning, out over the sea. The facilities are the flashest I have ever seen, but the price's match. The pitches slope quite a bit, and the site provide levelling blocks on each pitch for you.

It was full when we went in March and we could not extend our booked 5 days, are you sure it wo'nt be full already.

We've been to Wiseman's Bridge a few times - it's quite a basic site with some hardstandings. The shower facilities didn't meet my fussy standard so used our own on-board shower. It's all in the location with this site and that's why we go back. It's right on the coast (only across a road from the sea front) very near a little sea front village called Amroth, a short drive from Tenby and an easy walk to Saundersfoot. However, I'm not sure it's open for New Year. Across the road is the Wiseman's Bridge Inn which serves very nice meals.

As for the club sites, I think you have to book well in advance for New Year - I recently did a search for sites within half mile of a town and they were all full!

Hope this helps.

www.moorviewtouringpark.co.uk (Adults Only, Open All Year)

www.theoldoaks.co.uk (Adults Only, Open 18 Dec - 5 Jan)

www.carnon-downs-caravanpark.co.uk (Open All Year)

www.peaceful-polborder.co.uk (Open All year)

www.sunvalley-holidays.co.uk (Open All Year)

www.beverley-holidays.co.uk (Open All Year)

www.cosawestouringandcamping.co.uk (Open All Year)

Something to be going on with on these dark Autumn nights

;-)

Thanks for all the advice, managed to get both campers booked in at Wisemans Bridge, hard standing with hook up for 4 nights. We use our onboard shower a lot so if facilities are too basic for the boss will just have to keep the tanks topped up. (If not frozen, last new Year minus 6 and frozen pipes)*-)

Archived