good weekend

clay

friday a/noon all set to push off to tredegar park, the wife locks the habitation door and joy of joys snaps the key in the lock. gets a couple of small screwdrivers and gets the inserted bit out, problem being the spare wont go in as it is all jammed. spend a few minutes doing the highland fling and off we go not speaking, once on site set up van, all freeview channels streaming in. sat. morning disconnect everything and push off for a couple of hours. come back ,set all up get van up on levellers crack a can of the good stuff and turn on the tele just in time to watch chelsea battering coventry (if you are from coventry then chelsea scraping thro')

and all channels are there except itv. the van must be back in place within inches of where it was originally. dis. status arial and connected directional struggled to get itv (only on analouge) missed the first ten minutes. game over lets have some lunch, oven on wife now doing highland fling screaming oven on fire, flames in oven (overcooked the chicken) no chance, whilst she was loading and sounproofing the plates in the oven she inadvertantly put the dogs little plastic box he keeps his goodies in in the oven, when she puts the lazagne in the box gets pushed to the back. got a wet towel and grabbed the box and got it out, acrid smell every where, by now both doing highland fling so took out dog which was then attacked by a loose staffy . god its nice to get away for a weekends relaxation. >:-) >:-)

Sorry Clay, but you gave me a good laugh with this tale of woe. Not because I was not sympathetic to you but because over the years, especially when the children were young and we were tent camping we frequently had "happy times" like this e.g. pouring with rain, high wind, couldn't get tent up, by the time we did it let in the rain, cooked a meal under an umbrella, badly burned hand, children covered in mud, children bored because now made to stay in the tent - "I want to go home" !!!

But no sooner did the holiday end and we were planning where to go next time.

Look on the bright side - at least now we don't have to go out in the cold and rain, we have some amusement (even if not the channel we wanted), fridge to find something else to eat and above all a warm and dry bed!

Glad you had a fantastic weekend we had one of those a few weeks ago we exchanged our van for the bolero planned our weekend away not too far to test all out woke up in morning before we went to find the fresh and waste water tanks and pipes frozen coldest day of the year.

thought shall we go or not decided to with back up heaters extra blankets and a water can oh and plenty of food and drink.

we spent the whole weekend argueing about the control panel referring to the manual every 5 mins boys and there toys husband would not leave panel alone it was bleeping often the cab battery was flat fuse was blown somewhere tanks were full all sorts of weird stuff use to the switch sort not digital after a stressfull worrying weekend found the panel was actually faulty so have now had it replaced.

we went away this weekend to our favourite campsite which has just re opened started well when we got there we got stuck in mud had to be towed out but did not dampen our weekend had to set up camp in car park along with 2 other motorhomes all fun and games just got back home but can't wait for our next adventure.

suffered the weekend with a screwdriver wedged between the door handle and the wall. makes a great lock. when i got home and my head back on i stripped the handle/lock down to its constituant parts, put them back together and it it now works.

although the piece was written a little tounge in cheek it does remind me why we bought our first motorhome, it was because we really used to get stressed out with all the hassle which revolved around getting on that huge cattle truck and heading off to lanzarote three times a year. the little hassle we now have pails into insignificance with that. and we have lots more fun.

p.s. the dog hated his plastic coated boneos

Reminds me of when we were once camping and had fried some bacon, as it had got a bit cold hubby thought he'd put it back under the grill to warm it up again ... on a plastic plate! Horrible smell but interesting piece of artwork! :D

Archived