THEFT OF MICROCAR!

Mel B

Thanks Libby.

For those of you who haven't got a clue what sort of microcar this is - it's a Messerschmitt KR200, 3 wheeler, below is the same model in silver whereas the one that has been stolen is yellow and red:

439001547_MesserschmittKR200.jpg.89fbc1ed296aecf5c30fee7ef0dba6de.jpg

Sorry to hear about the loss. Just thought, when I had a 1950's motorcycle stolen from my parents garage, I put an advert in several papers after a suitable time and the idiots replied and offered it to me. I checked it out and then I told the police who kindly went round and collected it for me. They were not arrested because they 'innocently bought it from some bloke in a pub', by the way I still have the bike now. Also worth looking at E-bay and local papers and Freeadds papers in the for sale columns.

Theres an old boy with a yellow and red one just down the lane from me in exmouth, Its not the same car hes had it a few years, but after seeing me looking a few times at the car, we started talking and he stated that the get taken and end up in germany. I would keep a look out on ebay germany, you never know.

I had a car trailer nicked a few years ago, and placed the pictures of it for sale on e-bay, with my tel number and did get someone ring up about seeing the trailer etc. I took their details and the police picked up the trailer.

worth a try.

michael

Hi Mel B

Sincere condolences, it might be easier to bare if it was one of the Brit ones.

Don't know if it would help, but there's a story in the papers today about a bloke who has a slightly damaged Hurricane, so if he can get that repaired, and get him to join up with any Spitfire owners out there we might be able to relive our glory days,' cos they were pretty good at locating Messchersmits when I was young.

Archiesgrandad

Hi Mel B

Sincere condolences, it might be easier to bare if it was one of the Brit ones.

Don't know if it would help, but there's a story in the papers today about a bloke who has a slightly damaged Hurricane, so if he can get that repaired, and get him to join up with any Spitfire owners out there we might be able to relive our glory days,' cos they were pretty good at locating Messchersmits when I was young.

Archiesgrandad

Guest JudgeMental

What on earth is it with all the “sorry for your loss” and “my condolences” nonsense......It’s a blooming car for God’s sake!

It’s like reading a thread over on the Darkside, where someone losses a shoe or whatever....and there are 4000 posts commiserating with them!*-)

JudgeMental - 2009-03-12 5:38 PM

What on earth is it with all the “sorry for your loss” and “my condolences” nonsense......It’s a blooming car for God’s sake!

It’s like reading a thread over on the Darkside, where someone losses a shoe or whatever....and there are 4000 posts commiserating with them!*-)

Or a dog!!

Guest JudgeMental
yeti - 2009-03-12 6:25 PM

JudgeMental - 2009-03-12 5:38 PM

Or a dog!!

EXACTLY! Do not get me started on THAT one! *-)

Judge ... these cars become part of the family, they are loved and cherished by their owners, often being kept for many, many years, and are getting rarer, not to mention are quite valuable too!

This is one that sold on ebay recently .....

Ebay

We used to have a Bond Mk G Microcar, we had it for 15 years and loved it and parting with it was quite upsetting, with all the fun you have out and about with them, you do get attached to them. Its not like owning a 'normal' car.

Guest JudgeMental

It could have been worse....it could have been yours that was stolen!......what would that mean an obituary in the TImes!

It could have been worse still!....It could have been mine!

Archived