Belgian aires

John.N

Veurne just inside the Belgium Border. The marina has parking for Motorhomes overnight and is a nice town. The Marina is on South side of the town off the inner ring road and on the river/canal obviously.

Technically they have created Motorhome parking opposite on the road but no one usesy except as an overflow. Not far to shops in morning and we always go and buy a few supplies. There is also a very good hardware store next to marina worth a pop in. Sell everthing things from screws and bolts to china and toys. General Household ironmongers.

Guest JudgeMental

Veume looks like a good stop..........do you have an address or a map reference? the road name would do. Nothing worse then searching around in the middle of the night:-D

We normally use the Eeko and Brugge Aires but this looks good.

Its free as well to park. There is a toilet and services block and from memory there is a small charge to use. Insert coin - a euro or 50 cents or somethng like that. I shall look up location shortly, sat ref should be on my Sat Nav still I think so can have a look on it later. I do recall it is very easy to get to and will post as soon as I get a chance to look it up.

It does seem an excellent choice especially at that time of night. From a large scale map it appears that you exit at J1 and pass through De Panne to a little place called Koksidje-Bad.

Can you confirm please Brambles?

Veurne. Kaaiplaats. 8630 Vuerne.

Motorhome parking area signposted on inner ring road next to Canal Quay.

From E40 turn off on N8 to Veurne.

Not far (1st junction after leaving E40) turn right onto N390, at 1st roundabout turn left, Follow road a while and straight over next roundabout and keep going towards town centre until you cross canal. Road bends a bit to left and you get to another roundabout. 3rd exit onto LindenReef. (from memory this roundabout has a fountain.) Keep going a few hundred meters and Motorhome signed parking is on left and Quay is on right. Once you are there it is obvious where to go.

Now! if it comletely stuffed full on marina sides and designated parking , you do have another option, keep going to next round about and go straight over and then fork to right shortly after, bit like a side street, follow out of town over level crossing and and on left is a couple of places you could park up for night and no one will bother you there. They do that fancy vertical archery game there...fire arrows straight up in air to knock feathers of a raised jig, and run like mad to avoid the falling arrows.

Hope this helps.

Jon

John.N - 2009-03-11 4:35 PM

It does seem an excellent choice especially at that time of night. From a large scale map it appears that you exit at J1 and pass through De Panne to a little place called Koksidje-Bad.

Can you confirm please Brambles?

This seems a bit of detour.

Archived