france passion

aj8one

any help with using this form of touring in france. have read website but unsure how to book next night stop over . some kind of vouchers but if you are unsure where you are going may be difficult.

newish member about to take delivery of motorhome this month

alan & julie

Welcome to the forum Alan and Julie. I hope you enjoy your new way of life. It's great!

With regards to France Passion you cannot book, you just have to turn up so make sure you arrive at a reasonable time in the afternoon. No booking, no payment but it will be appreciated if you buy whatever they produce e.g. couple bottles of wine (usually excellent value and produce), sausage, pate, fruit etc. Obviously you have to introduce yourselves and be perfect motorhomers !! If you don't speak French it would be a good idea to practice a few basic phrases before you arrive. You will find them very welcoming.

If you already know the make and model of your new m/home it is helpful if you include it in your profile.

Welcome to the forum, Im sure someone will be along shortly with info on France Passion, this is a very informative motorhome forum, you will also be able to get advice on check lists etc of the things to check when you actually take delivery of your new holiday home.

maggie

aj8one - 2009-03-11 9:30 AM

any help with using this form of touring in france. have read website but unsure how to book next night stop over . some kind of vouchers but if you are unsure where you are going may be difficult.

newish member about to take delivery of motorhome this month

alan & julie

Hi Alan & Julie,

Welcome to the forum.

Full detaols of France passion can be found at http://www.vicarious-shop.co.uk/view_product.php?c_id=11&sc_id=&p_id=76 they are the UK agents.

Don

Hi to all. I ordered FP book direct and just checked that it was Oct 22 last year. I wonder if anyone has yet received 2009 copy ordered direct from France. I raised a query about 10 days ago and reply claimed that bulk mailing had been dispatched. I am still waiting. I just wonder if my order being so early has been overlooked, or is it postal delays .

To Alan and Julie, I used the book a few years ago and like others found some problems in locating the sites as directions are not always clear, and some of the identity plaques/markers are well weathered and sometimes a bit overgrown and difficult to spot.

A working knowledge of French is helpful but not essential, and booking ahead is not done, Just turn up and hope there is still space. If not move on to next option. This means it is adviseable to find your proposed stop late afternoon to give time for plan B if plan A is full.

We used one listed at St Priest en Murat (leave A71 at Montmarault) a few years ago, and their young dog wanted to play. He sneaked away with my wifes sandals when we were tidying the van. !.

Another in Normandy sold some very refreshing Apple juice and the stop is in one of their Orchards. Cant remember the exact location, but that was a plan B stop. They also sold some powerful firewater distilled on site. Calvados!!

Another at Lac Guier Just north of Le Mont Dore, overlooking the lake where there was a fishing competition going on. Didnt see anyone catch their supper, but the Auberge was offering meals if required.

what van are you getting. Good luck and enjoy the freedom

tonyg3nwl

Hi,

Our 2009 book arrived from France today; 250 new stops making 1400 in total. As others point out this is a no booking system, so forget UK with all booking ahead nonsense and just turn up! Over the past 5 years we have stayed on around 40 or so different ones and almost always on our own. Never been turned away because full so would not worry too much about not finding a space. Yes it is best to have a back up as although most are very good we have found the odd one or two where we would not stay usually due to muddy or very rough ground. And it is true some are hard to find but don't be put off the scheme there are some real gems, for example Espace Terriors, Grasse (06); Cap Nature, Audinghen (62) and Champagne Henry de Vaugency,Oger (51). What we tend to do is use the France Passion stops as a back up to the aires; between the two no need ever to use sites unless want to.

Regarding joining scheme then best way is direct. Go to www.france-passion.com and join on line. Scheme runs from Easter to Easter and first year costs 28 Euros, after that if you renew in good time costs 23 Euros.

Jean and Roberet

Archived