HOW MUCH!!!!!!!

Poppy

Hi Poppy

Did you buy 2 sets just in case?. I dont know how they justify that price. I know of a couple who took paper templates and asked a local carpet fitter to make a set up, complete with bound edges. It might be worth asking round your local area if this could be done. I would find a lot of things to spend £500 on, but it wouldnt be carpets.

Alan

You should definitely try Kustomsport, in South Yorkshire.

They supply carpet to most of the UK manufacturers and will provide to your specification, and will quote on supply of dimensions.

You will get better as well.

Ken

The best thing about Brownfools is that when getting a quote for anything to do with aftersales, the quote they give you always vindicates your decision to go and spend your money elsewhere. I give them no more than 18 months at the outside.

If the carpets can be removed, do so and take them to any local carpet shop....they can cut and edge-bind almost any type of carpet to copy your dimensions.

If they won't easily come out of the MH, make up a paper or cardboard template and take that in instead.

Or even just buy some cheap runners/rugs to go on top of your existing carpet.

Or even just take the carpet up and just use the vinyl flooring that's probably underneath it....much easier to sweep/wash and keep clean than carpet anyway.

Go into a carpet showroom, chose a carpet, tel the man its for a posh motorhome and you want it fitted. Its really that simple.

I just re-carpeted ours myself. Cost £79.00 which included miles of adhesive backed special carpet velcro which stops it sliding about.

When its gets worn I will do it again.

C.

Just out of interest I dug out a January 2007 Hymer UK price list.

For a Van 522 the list quoted £123 for living-area removable carpets (two colour choices) and £69 for cab-area removable carpets.

Best material for motorhome carpets is probably Flotex as it's waterproof, doesn't need edge-binding, won't fray, shouldn't slip on a vinyl surface and is virtually indestructible. unfortunately Flotex is about £30 per square meter, but you could still get a helluva lot for £500!

Guest peter
I've had the same Flotex on my kitchen floor for over 25Yrs and it still scrubs up like new. If you spill anything on it you can even use bleach on it without taking out colour. Brilliant stuff and well worth the money.

Archived