replacement seitz window

kildalkeyjoe

can anyone help me locate just a "glass" for this type of window .So far suppliers I have contacted have said they could only supply complete units It seems crazy that I would have to buy the frame complete with blinds and screen when I only need the opening "perspex" piece. (?) :-(

Guest JudgeMental

I had the same thing years ago. Be careful if a european van as some have a smooth finish on outside of perspex with the shaped portion on the inside..... and some are the opposite to this!

Seitz is part of Dometic, so try their website.  I think they will supply spares, though not sure if they will supply public direct.  There should be no need to get the internals as well, though you may have to replace the top hinge section that screws on above the window (assuming it isn't a slider).

Maybe a little help. We had a crack on the plastic "glass" on the brackets of an opening window and it was replaced under warranty so they do just supply the plastic "glass" part. But it took about six weeks from order to installation. All done by Brownhills, Newark.

Hi Kild and welcome.

Without knowing exactly which window type you have it is difficult to say whether or not you will have to purchase the whole thing or just the 'plastic' pane. We had a couple of windows smashed on our van in Holland, both made by Dometic (Seitz), for the normal type, ie single pane hinged, we could have had just the 'pane' replaced, however as the frame was also damaged the whole lot was replaced. On the other window, which is a slider next to the dinette, despite the frame being undamaged, we had to have the whole unit replaced as they don't come apart once originally made.

Almost forgot, if your van is European the chances are that it will have the different type of window, ours is an Italian van and the external outer frame is white moulded plastic throughout, however British vans tend to have black moulded plastic frames, these can be painted but it will come off over time.

Archived