Seitz Window Replacement Needed

Rowan Lee

A sliding window on our van is leaking and needs to be replaced. Our van is a 2002 Maesss (Belgian) and the window is labelled Birkholz Seitz D2198. It has a pull up blind and pull down flyscreen inside and outside the frame is pale grey. Fairly standard stuff. However, I have googled for Seitz windows but all I can find are Seitz S4 which come with a black frame and even if I was prepared to have one black framed window, the sizes are different.

Does anyone know if grey frames are still available? If so, where from?

Yes, I've looked at both of these and they only list Seitz 4 in black. I have emailed Dometic and I am waiting for a reply. I've also looked at the window because I read about the codes elsewhere, but apart from the sticker I am blowed if I can see anything. I'll go out and have another look.

No, I cannot find anything other than the little sticker which says D2198. In the meantime, I have had a reply from Dometic stating that only black frames are available now! So I have three choices: try and seal up the existing window, have one black window and five light grey ones, or buy and fit six new windows!

Guest JudgeMental

That’s what happened to me, but mine was a flip up one.......I ordered from here and got a black frame (mine grey)and a reversed lens on window *-) sent it back and ordered from vans dealer in Europe, it would not have mattered as I only wanted the window but it was a reverse of my one.

I would try calling Belgium direct. if that dont work I would fit the black one. you will forget about it after a while.

Thanks for your suggestions guys, I will follow up all the leads - my dealer is contacting Maesss to see if they can help. However, if the manufacturer don't make 'em anymore, I think the chances of finding an old one in my size sat on someone's shelf is pretty remote.

My husband is adamant he won't have a black framed window fitted, so I think divorce is imminent - again! The sizes of the black ones seem to be different anyway, and we have no leeway to cut a bigger aperture.

Maybe I will just buy some clear sealant and have a go and sealing up the window itself. We have got five others and three hatches we can open.

Archived