Bessacarr E735

montpelier

I have the Swift Kon-Tiki 665 which as you say is the same as the Bessacarr E735. The only difference is external colour and decals and internal colour scheme. This is the 3rd Motorhome I have owned and I bought this one from new (2004), absolutely love it. Went to NEC last year when considering looking for 'Island Bed' model but could not find anything that provided the living space like the Kontiki does. So we kept what we had and spent a few quid upgrading.

Thanks for the reply. Any problems at all with the van? The one i'm looking at, which is 5 years old, needs a new wheelbearing & there is some blistering of paint around 2 of the side reflectors & the front tyres seem to have worn badly. AND the van has done less than 11000 miles!

Hi,

We have one and wouldn't change it, it suits our needs perfectly, the only problems have been perhaps to many air inlets i don't know the exact ventilation requirements but i would suggest ours complies fully and then perhaps some, while this is not perhaps a bad thing in the summer and it perhaps helps keep down any high levels of condensation so certainly has its plus points, we do find ourselves blocking some of these vents in the winter as it makes the vehicle more comfortable, I don't see this as a down point just thought I would mention it.

As for the wheel bearing we had one of ours replaced under warranty 2 years ago, and from what I can remember other people have reported having to replaces theirs on that model of the Ducato, so shouldn't be a problem.

The vehicle in our opinion is very robust the furnishing are good quality and the foam etc is on the thick side, there are a number of plus points just some of the nice touches are the heating duct that blows a small amount of warm air under the rear bed mattress which stops any condensation, the protection alongside of all of the seating and mattresses to stop cold bridging between the body skin and you, the very large garage, the dressing table and mirror along side of the rear bed. Etc Etc.

If I was in the market for a new one I would certainly buy one again without hesitation,

Hope that helps

I had a Bessacarr E720 on an 04 plate 8000 miles on the clock,within 6 months of owning it ,it had to have both front wheel bearings changed (common problem with that model) luckily under warranty, we then found both rear under lockers were starting to rot (made from heavy Ply ) dealer replace outside frame on one side only for us to to find the other side was the same plus a damp meter test proved the whole floor of the under locker was soaked through, so take a damp meter with you, if you haven't got one buy one £15 can save you Thousands, I may have been just unlucky with my choice, also we found Cab doors and surround very draughty.

hope this is of some help. Corky

Pleased to say had no such wheel bering problems with the Swift (Doh ! just tempted fate) or anything else other than usual bulb replacements etc. I have done just over 10,000 in mine and no such problems with paint blistering although if it is not too bad you can soon get that sorted. It is usually recommended to change tyres every 5 years even if the tread is still legal so the fact that these are worn should not be a problem. Sounds as if the one you are looking at may have had a lack of TLC by previous owner but you can soon make up for that.

As I stated previously, the OH was quite happy for me to purchase a new one at NEC last year but we could not find anything at that time that meets our needs like the Kont-tiki does so that should tell you something.

Enjoy !!

Archived