Alarm installation

Irish Mike

Hi all,

Happy Saint Patricks day.

Looking for an alarm which I can buy readily on the net which has all the usual features.Young kids so I need to be able to move about while alarm is on.

Please advise which make you recommend and where I can get it.

I am in the south of Ireland.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks for that. Not an immediate concern re Insurnce, Its cheap anyway.

I am heading away soon and I am just looking for an alarm/type that some users have used or currently using and are happy with. Then I will follow their recomendations and get one for myself.

Thanks,

Mike

I have a SIGMA S30 which works as an immobiliser and vehicle alarm. Although there is a mini-keypad inside the vehicle (only for emergency use if battery goes in keyfob) the alarm/immobiliser is operated by the keyfob. There is also a smaller button on the keyfob which enables you to de-activate the intenal sensors when you are inside so that you can move around but external alarms still activated. Alarm works as I have discovered on several occasions when I forget to de-activate the alarm before opening the habitation door (!)

Had my vehicle for nearly 5 years now and battery in keyfob still good(also provided with spare keyfob).

Alarm fitted when purchased and manual does not appear to give contact address but I am sure that you will find them on the Internet.

Hope this is of use.

Guest JudgeMental

Or just look up commercial (van) alarm fitters in your area, some are mobile and used to doing motorhomes a well. they normally do dead locks as well.

just make sure you can turn of internal PIR and leave the doors etc armed for when sleeping in van.

• 2 months later...

Hi BigMomma, have just read your reply to an Equiry about a Sigma S30 Alarm and was wondering if you could e-mail a copy of the operating manual for me. If you could use pdf format it would be easier.

I have tried the internet for the website for the Sigma alarms but dont seem to be getting anything other than installers. Any help would be appreciated Dendon. (?) :-D

Archived