Going Home

mondo

We are currently esconced at Camping Eden in Peniscola, Spain and unfortunately the time has come to start working out the route home,we leave here on the 2nd of April,and head North to cross the border at La Jonquera the route I'm considering going via (sort of) Perpignan, Narbonne, Millau, Clermont Ferrand, Bourges, Orleans, then up and on to Calais.

We came down via Rouen, Orleans, Limoges, Toulouse, Carcassone and down to the Spanish border,we fancy a change of route going home,so that's going to be our way home, can any readers recommend any good stopovers (aires or campsites ) en route, all replies will be considered thanks in anticipation

19282800_TacFlash.jpg.91aaefbe9c565283b835815cb300fada.jpg

There's a very nice newish aire in Millau itself, can recommend it highly.

Another nice aire at the edge of the village of Monpazier - which is a lovely place and well worth a visit if you're in the vicinity.

At Blaye you can stay by the river at the rear of the citadel, no facilities but a nice spot and you should have quite a few other vans as company, nice and quiet but not far from the shops etc.

And one of our favourites - La Mailleraye sur Seine on the side of the river, it's really nice sitting there in the sunshine watching the large cruise ships go up and down.

608516848_Monpaziercentre.jpg.9b9ac598e384c3b29f96e91202f2cd65.jpg

Blaye.jpg.da8558ae521a7dda3a5ff570113132fc.jpg

1106373258_LaMaillerayesurSeine.jpg.c654cc79bd53a9d7c682cbfbd5eecf19.jpg

I often spend the night on the aire at the side of the A75 south of St Flour. On the road between Foret de Troncais and Bourges there are one or two places to stay, also just outside the campsite in Bourges. Further north you can stay on the carpark of the Buffalo Gril at Vierzon Est or there is an aire at Mery sur Cher, has electric too I believe. I also always stay at the site at Pont de l'Arche. Very reasonable and pleasant on the banks of the river where you can watch the big barges. If the site is still closed there is a large carpark next to it or I have parked on the road further along the river (very quiet residential road).

The free motorway up as far as Clermont Ferrand is one of my favourite roads in France, it's equally beautiful in both directions. I think there is an aire near the Viaduc de Garabit, which is worth looking at even if it's only from the service area.

Archived