Marquis Lancashire van

MOTH

Hi. I am new to this site, i joined two mins ago!

I am considering P/X ing my Topaz for a Marqius Lancashire ( on a Peugeot 2.2HDI?) Does anybody have any info. that I should know about (before saturday please!!) *-)

MOTH - 2009-03-19 9:56 PM Hi. I am new to this site, i joined two mins ago! I am considering P/X ing my Topaz for a Marqius Lancashire ( on a Peugeot 2.2HDI?) Does anybody have any info. that I should know about (before saturday please!!) *-)

Check out the thread on Fiat / Peugeot / Citroen vans from the Sevel joint venture. In summary find a good steep hill and try reversing up it, you might be surprised at what happens (Do it before you sign on the dotted line !!!)

MOTH

Welcome to the forum.

A private advert on

http://www.motorhomefinder.co.uk/motorhome/Private/0B9E95C312E32F74802574E100534BE7/

details a Lancashire's general specification.

There was an owner report in MMM magazine June 2008 on a 2005 Lancashire. The comments were generally very favourable, the only real criticisms related to the '"rubbish" radio/CD-player and the swivelling passenger-seat being much too high. (Both of these negatives are easy enough to rectify.) Lancashire was an up-market, re-badged Auto-Sleepers Nuevo, a popular compact motorhome with many more pros than cons.

As Lancashire was constructed on the previous generation of Peugeot Boxer chassis, it will NOT be prone to the transmission maladies (mentioned by Losos and Urbanracer) that afflict current (2007-onwards) models.

Best I can do given your pre-Saturday deadline...

If you like the build quality and style of these motorhomes built by Autosleeper (A/S) and you can look at a slightly longer van say 20ft 9inches then take a look at the Ford based A/S vans such as the Windsor. Do not rush into anything, make sure that you research thoroughly. Only takes a few minutes to download A/S brochure and any other make. Good luck and welcome to this very friendly forum.

Mike

Hi Dan, good to see you're a real ale man, top chap...

We own the Nuevo, (2003), which is essentially the same van, I can 100% recommend it to you. The build quality is top drawer, it's just turned 6 years young and nothing to date has dropped off, fell to bits etc. The Peugeot engine, (ours is the 2.0), is as sweet as the proverbial nut.

We use our van all year round, nothing is showing any sign of wear and tear, we average around 60 - 70 nights per year in it, always using own facilities, shower, washing up, bathroom for drying clothes etc.

A minor drawback for us? A larger fresh water tank would be nicer.

A very satisfied owner.

Martyn

Well,....... thankyou all for the swift response.

It is a 2.2 diesel and I am relieved to hear that it will not have the reversing gremlin. I'm just off for a test drive and to see if it fits on my drive.

I've got the MMM report from last year. I never throw MMM away as they are wonderful for info on futurebuys of vans!

Keep any more info coming chaps!!

I can see me using this site a lot....very friendly and good gen.

Derek Uzzell - 2009-03-20 9:54 AM As Lancashire was constructed on the previous generation of Peugeot Boxer chassis, it will NOT be prone to the transmission maladies (mentioned by Losos and Urbanracer) that afflict current (2007-onwards) models.

Derek, thanks for that. When I posted I could not be sure that anyone with definitive knowledge would see his post so I thought I should at least point him towards the ongoing 'Juddergate' saga lol I still have not finally decided on whether to get new or used 'van. if I get a used Peugeot I guess it should be pre 2007 then?  

Guest JudgeMental
Problem with that is the new vans from Ford and Fiat which came out in 2007 offer big improvement over their predecessors.......

Guest Tracker

Any van built by Auto Sleepers is likely to be better made than any contemporary van built by almost any other UK mainstream converter.

Sadly though build quality does seem to be the victim of cost cutting in recent years and newer AS vans don't seem to be quite as solid as they used to be - but they are still better than most!

However both the Nuevo and the Lancashire on the previous model Boxer should be pretty durable and rattle free - although it may well take some ingenuity to achieve the latter!

It is a well established and popular layout because it works well.

The Peugeot 2.2 hdi is a good engine and pulls a lot better than the 2.0 hdi but at the expense of a bit more noise - but not a lot - and should return broadly similar mpg - within an mpg or two - depending on the amount of lead in yer right foot!

On balance a Nuevo / Lancashire is a good choice that should hold it's value relatively well as they are always popular and easy to sell.

Good luck and welcome to the mad mad world of Motorhomes in general and this forum in particular!

Well, I have test driven it and it doesn't look too intrusive on the drive, so......I bought it. yippee....

Campervan no. 8 for me, in 23 years, so April 6th is when I collect it and April 7 th is our first tentative trip away to test all the whistles and bells. Probably North Wales before the main easter silly season. Give me a wave if you in the area! B-)

Hi Moth, congratulation on your new motorhome, just a thought if you do not already belong to the A/S owners club here are a few addresses/phone nos :- www.asoc.fsnet.co.uk ; Membership Sec Jill Bertlin@aol.com and tel: 01539534500.

Happy Days

Mike (lol)

• 3 weeks later...

nabber

Lowering the cab-seat height on your motorhome can (in principle) be accomplished by replacing the seat-base beneath it. There are several potential suppliers - for example

http://www.marcleleisure.co.uk/store/lower-seat-fiatpeugeotcitroen-swivel-included-p-1417.html

http://www.wyvernaccessories.co.uk/seats.htm

You'd need to check that there's nothing beneath your Nuevo's passenger seat (like a big battery!) that would inhibit a lower seat-base from being installed. Otherwise, it's just a matter of unbolting the original seat-base and replacing it with the lower one.

Archived