12V Digibox

montpelier

Good Luck, I blew up my Pace Digibox 12v & Mains while on holiday and have been unable to get another one, was told they no longer make them! Had to get a mains only (Thomson) and was told I can use it with a small inverter when not hooked-up.

Paid £157 from Lesiure Power of Warrington, so far so good! Think you can still get 12v Freeview but not Sky box.

The ideal box - Pace 1000 (aka Javelin) Digibox - is often still available on auction sites like ebay. I bought one on there recently for £46.

Some of the major satellite and 12v retailers also have them from time to time but they are usually around £199 new.

David

I replaced my Sky receiver with an Eagle receiver. This runs on either 12v or 240v and my sky card can be used in the card slot. Being a multi satellite receiver, it can pick up all the satellites available in Europe, so it can receive programmes all over the continent, in conjunction with my Oyster system.

I purchased mine from http://www.lavatronics.com

Freewheeler

montpelier - 2009-03-20 2:02 PM

Can anyone recommend a decent 12V (& mains) digibox that works well both in the UK & in Europe?

Do you want a sat or terestriel reciever?(I'm guessing sat, but you never know)

If sat do you want freesat, fta or sky?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MXL020-MAXVIEW-DIGITAL-SATELLITE-RECEIVER-motorhome-12v_W0QQitemZ130273230940QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories?hash=item130273230940&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

The above is a link to a Maxview digital satellite receiver. I'm not sure about it. I have a freesat card & have used a (mains only) Grundig digibox around Spain & Portugal.

Thank you for the replies - I'm debating whether to use an inverter with this Grundig or take less pressure off the batteries with a 12V box.

montpelier - 2009-03-20 8:58 PM

The above is a link to a Maxview digital satellite receiver. I'm not sure about it. I have a freesat card & have used a (mains only) Grundig digibox around Spain & Portugal.

Thank you for the replies - I'm debating whether to use an inverter with this Grundig or take less pressure off the batteries with a 12V box.

My original dealer fitted installation used an inverter. Thats why I replaced it with an Eagle receiver using just a 12v supply and it made a noticable difference to the leisure battery.

Using a 12v supply will win every time over an inverter, they always consume more power.

Freewheeler

Archived