Dusselldorf Show 2009

AnnPaul

It starts August 28th for PRESS day and open generally on the 29th. No pre-booking required. Ample camping grounds, good organisation, free busses to and from the show during the day and into town and back in the evenings.

We shall be going in convoy leaving Calais early morning on the 27th.

R4MOT will be on the camping ground somewhere!

Best camping show in Europe - but will there be anything new this year?

c.

AnnPaul - 2009-03-21 6:28 PM

Anybody know the date of this years show and where can I get any info. Do I need to book the camping ground?

Regards

Paul

'Googled' it, and there are a few websites referring to it.

Dates: 28th August to 6th Sept (although one site says 7th Sept)

:-|

Hi Clive,

With regard to the Dusseldorf show, May I enquire what route do you take from Calais?. Distance and time taken, is a stopover required en-route?. What is the earliest day the camping grounds open before the actual show starts?. IE, 26th, 27th. Do you need an a LEZ type, (Um welt?) emission sticker, at all.

Thanks Em.

Guest JudgeMental

246 miles and 3.35 hours according to Auto route

Expect delays if you go via Brussels and in particular Antwerp which can be horrendous! It has always taken me between 4 and 6 hours.......

The good think is they don’t turn anyone away, will park vans on internal road if necessary. a bike ain’t a bad idea as it is an enormous camping plats.

The dark local Alt beer is highly recommended......... See you there!

RE: the Dusseldorf show

This will be our 3rd time this year and a fine show and camping ground it is. Straight forward route and have been lucky with no hold ups. Should anyone know how to join the Caravan salon club, which entitles members discount to both the show and camping. When you email them the response is in German and i,m lost then.

Den - 2009-03-24 9:45 AM

Should anyone know how to join the Caravan salon club, which entitles members discount to both the show and camping.

Try this

Go to http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

next paste this link into the "translate web page" field

http://www.caravan-salon-club.de

Then select traslate German > English

You should get an application form in English

Decide if you are agentleman or a gentle woman etc

DESELECT Club mail (newsletter). It arrives frequently in German and is rarely of much interest OR give an alternative email address with a selectable spam filter.

Well, if you look at the map you aim for Calais then turn left having crossed the water. You stay on major toll free roads going through bits of France, Belgium, Holland and then Germany.

I take detailed instructions from the Nag Sat or failing that the lead van in the convoy.

Although we went via Brussels last year (and missed one important turn off and had to double back) we still arrived at the camping site mid afternoon having left Calais in the morning. No high speeds either - think of the fuel!!

Go on, dig out that Michelin map.

C.

I always take the following route:

Calais - Gent E17 (Ghant ,Gand) E42 E40

change mototrways

At Gent head for Antwerp (Antwerpen) E17

On the Antwerp ring take the signs for Eindhoven/Turnout

After about 10 km Turn off towards Eindhoven E34

At Eindhoven keep staright on to Venlo E34, (A67)

At Venlo follow the signs for Mönchengladbach

Here you will leave the motorway for about 5 km.

Join the Motorway A61 at the german border heading towards Mönchengladbach and Koblenz.

At Exit Mönchengladbach-Nord turn off towards Düsseldorf on the A52

At Exit Mönchengladbach-Neersen take the A44 towards Düsseldorf

After crossing the Rhein river (cant really miss it) take the next exit (Messe) and you are almost at the Exibition center.

Try and avoid Antwerp, Eindhoven and Mönchengladbach between 08:00 and 10:00 / 16:00 - 17:00 hrs.

It s about 440Km.

Hope I didnt make it sound complicated as it isnt.

Herri

Guest JudgeMental

We spent about 2 hours held up at Antwerp years ago. Will try a work around this year.

The problem is route is the main route to Eastern Europe stuffed with lorries and coaches to Poland etc......

I am not refering to Herri's route above, just the main Calais/Brussels/antwerp one

Archived