5 star sites anyone???

Poppy

Stayed on one this weekend.Lovely area and the touring area pleasant.HOWEVER showers and chemical disposal dirty and no soap in toilets. We paid £25 a night for that, thats 2 adults, one dog and electricity.I think this is why somany people like the caravan club!

Poppy - 2009-03-22 6:30 PM

Stayed on one this weekend.Lovely area and the touring area pleasant.HOWEVER showers and chemical disposal dirty and no soap in toilets. We paid £25 a night for that, thats 2 adults, one dog and electricity.I think this is why somany people like the caravan club!

5 star sites from my experience are very much someones assessment of facilities etc at a particular 'snapshot ' in time.

It is no guarantee that standards, situation,etc. are always going to be to everyone's liking

Different organisations have different benchmarks etc.

However you would expect the 'basics' to be up to scratch at ALL times no matter how many 'stars' a site has !!

Some 5 star sites (for me) have been very good, whilst others have been lacking.

Everyone's perception of what constitutes a '5 star' site is different but I think you are right, if you want to 'play safe' maybe you should use the Caravan Club sites.

I have to say on a personal note that they don't suit me though !!!

But once again that's my personal preference.

Poppy,

If you name the site it will assist others and maybe make the owners clean up a little.

Even the biggest, smartest and most expensive hotels have a customer revue process for publicity purposes.

If other customers oppose your view they will say so. It may be that the 'owners' are not the cleaners and a public message will improve the site.

Make a fuss, its the only way that some will change. Tell them straight its awfull and it might save one of us from being caught out too !!

As an example

"Two weeks ago due to an interesting road sign I went to the South of England Carriage Driving Fair, it was the biggest con of all time at £14.00 entry for a lot of nothing"

All I saw were a few metal tubing concoctions with four large bicycle wheels attached prancing around an indoor arena. Most of the spectators were of a similar nature too, it was rubbish.

PS It was run by the "Brockam Harness Club."

See what I mean Poppy tell it straight, its the best way.

Bill

Archived