say NO to 0870

Hughmer

What a silly old duffer I am. There was me thinking I was being useful and if ONLY I'd found a thread marked " Freephone numbers on mobiles" I'd have realised that the 0870 issue had surfaced before... well nearly 2 years ago.

I've been subscribing to this site for quite a while and I must have missed it. I'm so sorry if I offended you by daring to repeat what some new subscribers to the site might find useful/interesting and hadn't suddenly thought to themselves:- "I know, I want to find out how I can save money by not dialing 0870 numbers, I'll just trawl the MMM website and see if anybody's written anything about it"

I only meant to be helpful. I'll go and eat some umble pie now.

(and apologies / acknowledgments to enodriven who I think was the first to publish the info)

Guest JudgeMental
No need to apologise, a reminder now and again is no bad thing, and there will be some amongst us that don’t already know...... :-D

Guest Tracker

No need to apologise as good information is never out of place and there will always be newer readers who will not have seen the original.

If everyone did a search before posting or asking and found their answers thereby no one would ever ask anything again and the forum would be all the poorer for it.

So keep 'em coming everyone!

It's always good to have useful sites/ links brought up as reminders, or for those that have not yet seen them, so anyone who feels there is a useful link please post.

I have always used Sayno to 0870 but now that 0845 and 0870 numbers are included free in my BT package it is a bit redundant.

It is well known that the search facilities on here are a bit less than helpful to use.

Bas

For those of us who only have mobile phones now the 'Say no to 0807' site is very useful indeed to find 'normal' land line numbers as they are deducted from our inclusive minutes whereas 0870, 0844 and 0800 numbers are charged for! :-D

What a great website! I've got my motorcaravan insurance renewal in front of me. The number to ring is an 0871 number. Using the say No... I've got a 'normal' number.

A bit of a bloody cheek considering they're anxious for a renewal ! 

I've used it today when renewing my TV licence. Their website didn't work - again - so after five frustrating attempts decided I would have to 'phone. 0845 or 0844 number given, so check it out & guess what? They have an 0800 number!

So full marks & thanks to the OP for highlghting this website.

Archived